Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean0870
Fanfold Paper
Views: 145
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB - Not Turning On

The laptop was working just fine, then all of a sudden shut off on its own. I thought the battery might've ran out, so I plugged it in, tried to power it on but did not power on, even after hours of charge. The white light on the side is lit when plugged in, and the keyboard lights up for 1 second when pressing the power button before shutting back down. I've done the hold the power button for 15 seconds, release, hold for another 15 trick, but all that happens are the fans turning on high-mode for 2 seconds then shutting back off. I'm decently tech savvy and build my own computers, but just not laptops. This says to me the motherboard is still intact and isn't having an issue communicating with parts. If I were to guess on the next thing, it'd be the battery failing. I don't hear any beeps or anything, which usually occurs with CPU errors, and with the screen/system not turning on, I can't diagnose if the m.2 ssd is failing (most likely not the issue).

I've found this maintenance manual online to replace parts, but unsure if this is a common issue that others are having, and which part should I look into replacing (if any). I don't have an active warranty on this anymore but prefer to not spend a couple of hundred of dollars at a repair shop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sean0870
Fanfold Paper
Views: 97
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB - Not Turning On

Also I've pressed the NOVO button on the side with a small pin and still does the same thing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors