Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nandodrs
What's DOS?
Views: 4,358
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB - battery life - no more than 5 hours

I've recently bought a Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB, considering the battery as one of its biggest pros due to some reviews and adds I read in the Internet. Unfortunately, even after a 100% charge, I can't get no longer than 4h30 / 5 h of battery lifetime prediction / battery lifetime.  I have already decreased brightness, I almost have no apps running in background, but unfortunately it doesn't gets better. The situation is even worse considering that I'm not doing anything but surfing online, texting in word or taking a look at some pictures in Windows Gallery.

Have anyone experienced the same problem? Can someone please help me? Is that true that we can get 10h30 (or a bit less, I wouldn't care) like it was advertised or that was just a commercial bait?

Thanks in advance!

juliedd
What's DOS?
Views: 3,739
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB - battery life - no more than 5 hours

Hi, My Lenovoa Yoga 720 8th gen is only a few months old. It's never held 8 hrs of battery charge. 4 hour max. Also it takes several hours to charge the thing. Battery life was one of my main concerns in the purchase. I'm wondering if there's some defect.

Eudoxus
802.11n
Views: 3,717
Message 3 of 4

I have not conducted any tests on my machibe, but it seems that on average I can squeeze about 7 hours of battery life with casual browsing and word processing. This seems to be consistend with what one may find in reputable reviews of Youga 720 13IKB (check out notebookcheck.com review for example). I have never seen any credible claims about 10 hour battery life on this model. Quite contrary, in most cases (and I have checked many reviews before buying the computer) reviewers stressed the fact that as far as the battery life is concerned Yoga 720 performance is about average. That being said, it seems that 4 hours is abnormal. Are you shure that machine is not bussy with some background processes (indexinf files and so on)?

Present - Lenovo Yoga 720 13IKB/ 81C300AQLT
Past: ThinkPad T500 2242-CTO P8600 / 4GB RAM / WSXGA+ / HDD Fujitsu 7200rpm 1TB / 6 Cell Sony / Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
ThinkPad Tablet 2

ThinkPad X61s 7669-3KG Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
juliedd
What's DOS?
Views: 3,705
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the response. There's a ton of processess in the background - Amazon Drive, AV software, Cortana, etc. Seems that those apps and others are pretty common, though.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors