11-03-2017

US

17 Signins

169 Page Views

• Views: 169
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKB display changes brightness

2019-11-10, 22:20 PM

Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKB. The display in a way flickers in that it becomes brighter and then dimmer by a small amout every 1 second. It runs fine every other way. It is not becoming brighter through windows. It also still does it if I boot into an Ubuntu USB, so it can't be caused by windows or a driver. It also does not flicker on an external display. It starts off as changing brightness every 5 seconds when I turn on the laptop to every 1 second afterwards. It also seems to happen more if it is displaying bright colors, though it could be just less noticeable on dark colors. Is my display bad? Thank you.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKB display changes brightness

2019-11-14, 14:57 PM

Hi 

A good day to you.

From your description of the problem, it looks like the adaptive brightness. Adaptive brightness is a feature in Windows that uses an ambient light sensor to automatically adjust your screen's brightness to your surroundings thus dimming or adjusting the brightness at any point. This can be turned off under the Power Management settings follow the steps on this link as its applicable up to Windows 10 https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Random-changes-in-screen-brightness-every-few-minutes-in-Windows/ta-p/915291

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes :)

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save