Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr93
Paper Tape
Views: 1,952
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga 720 15'' usb-C problem

Hello, As you can see i have problems with usb-c on my Lenovo Yoga 720 15'', Windows 10 home, FHD, i7, 1050 4GB, 16 GB of RAM, 512 GB SSD, Active pen included.
i have tried multiple usb c docks or adapters and all of them have problems, maybe is due to adapters but i doubt it. The connected display goes hayvire and USB on the dock is not functioning well.
Are there any drivers i can install for usb-c/thunderbolt 3 port?

riahc3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,919
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 15'' usb-C problem

You obviously have to update all your drivers.

mr93
Paper Tape
Views: 1,902
Message 3 of 8

hy, first of all thanks for replying, i updated all the drivers with a Lenovo companion app. The problem is still present.
Are there any other drivers to update, that i'm not avare of?

rturcotte10
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,745
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

I've experienced the same issue with 3 people who bought Yoga 720 15" (15IKB?) and Thinkpad USB-C docks. The video and network connection seem fine but the USB devices have been flaky for the users.

Note if you go to the (accessories reference sheet/excel) for the USB-C dock the Yoga 720 15" is not listed as a system that is supported. So there could be an issue between the drivers of Yoga and the USB-C dock.

Would love some feedback from Lenovo on this, as the USB-C standard should mean any USB-C dock should work with a device on a USB-C port.

CatHerder
What's DOS?
Views: 1,692
Message 5 of 8

I'm having a slightly different but related problem. I've got the Yoga 720 15" and am using an Alogic usb-c hub that has HDMI, Network, 2 USB connectors, and an SD card slot.

Everything works reliably except the HDMI. Sometimes when I connect the hub the HDMI monitor will be detected and work correctly. Other times the HDMI monitor won't be detected at all. Sometime unplugging the hub and reconnecting it will fix the problem, but sometimes it doesn't. Likewises sometimes taking the HDMI cable out of the USB hub and reconnecting will work, sometimes not.

I've haven't been abe to discern any pattern to when it will, or will not work. I've updated to the latest drivers.

Any suggestions?

Hugh

mr93
Paper Tape
Views: 1,688
Message 6 of 8

Hello, try a different HDMI cable and turn off your Bluetooth. My Yoga randomly went into tablet mode and disconected external monitor. I've read it could have something to do with Bluetooth. idk.

CatHerder
What's DOS?
Views: 1,657
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the tip. After a bit of experimenting I've found a cable that always works (so far). I didn't have to turn off bluetoothj. I've tried three cables and each caused different behaviour.

My original cable worked perfectly if the laptop detected it, but often wasn't detected. That was a high quality 1.5 meter cable.

I then tried a cheap 1.5 meter cable, which was always detected correctly (the laptop switch to dual monitor mode), but the external monitor was always blank.

The third cable I tried is always detected (so far), and works correctly. It's a good quality 2.5 meter cable.

It's a bit worrying that the cables cause such different behaviours. 

Hugh

mr93
Paper Tape
Views: 1,654
Message 8 of 8

It's really weird. HDMI should work or not work, I don't know why is there a lot of ''in between'' options.
I also had one ''faulty'' HDMI, when I connected it to the dock every screen went haywire, flashing and what not.
I have the Aukey multi port USB-C hub if anyone is interested.
Anyway, I wish you best of luck with the HDMI cable.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors