07-22-2020

US

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 720 15IKB touch screen broken with latest Windows 10 Updates

2020-07-22, 14:43 PM

My Lenovo 2-in-1 laptop's touch screen is no longer working with the latest batch of Windows 10 updates (including 2004 update). I know this because the touch screen was working fine right up until I installed these updates in early July (tried holding off as long as possible).  Now, because it's been more than 10 days, some of these updates can't be rolled back.

One of the biggest reasons why I purchased this laptop was for it's high-sensitivity touch screen display.  Unfortunately, the last batch of Windows 10 updates have completely broken touch screen functionality, this will have been the third laptop broken due to Windows Updates (the first two were a Dell & Thinkpad that both got BSOD).

The Wacom Device driver description says:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)
A request for the HID descriptor failed."

The laptop's "About" system settings doesn't even recognize that the display is touch screen, saying:

"Pen and touch:  No pen or touch input is available for this display"

All touchscreen device drivers in the Device Manager say:

"HID-compliant vendor-defined device", instead of their specific device driver type.

It's as if the display was never touch-capable.

Tired of spending tons of $$$ on hardware only for it to break with a single batch of poorly tested updates.  Has any seen a resolution for this issue?

Options

6 Posts

03-11-2019

CZ

9 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo Yoga 720 15IKB touch screen broken with latest Windows 10 Updates

2020-07-23, 8:32 AM
I own this laptop for 2 years, this exact problem appeared in 2019. Also with updates. I had my screen replaced because my laptop was still under warranty. Fast forward to now, it broke again, but my laptop is no longer covered by the warranty :D I suggest you get the screen replaced if you can, if you can't, too bad because this is a common problem with the 720's, and Lenovo won't do **bleep** to help us.
Options

9 Posts

09-05-2020

MX

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo Yoga 720 15IKB touch screen broken with latest Windows 10 Updates

2020-09-13, 5:32 AM

Hello everyone.

It´s solved!!!!!!!! and many other little problems!!!!!!

After a lot of time I have solved my touchscreen and hotkeys problems, it was about Win10 version, drivers and BIOS config.

1rst. UDATE to win10 last version

https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/software-download/windows10 

2nd. Go to LENOVOS driver checksum webpage tool.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/mx/es/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-720-15ikb/80x7/80x7009glm/mp1cf9c0/downloads/automatic-driver-update

3rd. Check that the Hotkey is enable in the BIOS config, use the VANTAGE button to get the BIOS configuration.

4th. If the video card is not working properly go to https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/fcy603af.exe and run the executable file.

5th. Finally go to DIVECE MANAGER and uncheck the “power saver” in the “HID I2C” properties window.

People, it will take some time, but your Lenovo will work as you know it!

SMILE, all the best

please take a time to say YES!!!! it works!!!! or ....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete