Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evaldas_B
Paper Tape
Views: 686
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga 720 Critical Process Died

I have been having issues with my computer since the day one. When I powered up the computer for the first time Polish (Machine was set to have Polish language for somewhat reason) BSOD with message MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION greeted me. I restarted the computer and everything seemed to be fine. However, an hour later another BSOD with message saying CRITICAL PROCESS DIED was displayed. I updated the bios and re-installed Windows to make sure this is not a software related issue. That did not help. I am still getting BSOD's with MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION, CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION. The progress counter stays at 0% and I waited for two hours for it to load. I have noticed that one occasion when errors occur are when I plug in my machine for charging. But, it can also throw an error with nothing specific going on. I ran Lenovo diagnostics tool(Check the attachment) everything seems to be fine.

I contacted the seller (they claim to be Lenovo Platinum PC Parter) and they offered to send the laptop for diagnostics. They were not able to find the issue and as a consequence of that I had to pay for the shipping and diagnostics and the problem still remains. I contacted the seller one more time and they offered me to send the laptop for diagnostics again. I asked them to replace the unit, but they refuse to do it because computer "works fine".

At the end of the day I have a computer that I cannot use and I have no idea how to solve this problem. It is my first Levovo product and the first experience was really really bad for me. Do you have any advice what should I do next?

SeniorGuru
Views: 672
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 Critical Process Died

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about this experience. This should not happen with a new system.

From what you have described this system did not work out of the box. It is not your job to debug new PCs. It seems to me that you should contact Lenovo in Lithuania, explain your experience with this Platinum PC Parter and request a new system. 

Paper Tape
Views: 668
Message 3 of 5

Contact form in official Lithuanian Lenovo page is blank https://www3.lenovo.com/lt/lt/contact/
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 614
Message 4 of 5

Hello Evaldas_B, welcome to the Community,

I'm not quite sure why the Contact Us site is looking blank for you, looks fine for me so I grabbed a snip of the support number you need to call.supportlt.PNG

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Evaldas_B
Paper Tape
Views: 550
Message 5 of 5

So the follow-up to the story is that I shipped the computer to repair center again and they replaced OS (I got it from official Microsoft page) They installed one from Lenovo recovery media. Repair center said that there was a software related issue caused by Windows Update, so they told me not to accept any driver updates via Windows Update. I received the computer, and still when computer has 0-40% charge and I plug it to the energy source the computer freezes and now it throws another BSOD (KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR).

I contacted the seller again asking to replace the unit, but they refuse to do so and are telling me to ship computer back to the repair center again (I actually had to pay for repairs myself because apparently warranty doesn't cover software related issues).

I feel absolutely frustrated and scammed because seller is refusing to replace the product (at this point I would even be happy to get my money back) and is directing me to the repair center which from my experience doesn't have the expertise to solve the issue. The first time they didn't find the problem and the second time, they identified it, but re-installed OS which I have done multiple times myself and it didn't solve the problem.The computer didn't work right out of the box, so I am well assured that the problem is not software related.

I tried to contact Lenovo Lithuania, but the phone @Andy_Lenovo provided does not work. Is it possible for Lenovo to step in and solve the problem because it seems, that neither the seller nor the repair center is interested in helping me. The seller (www.1A.LT) is a Lenovo Platinum PC Parter. Based on that I assume that Lenovo may have some weight in this.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors