Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbdijo
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 1 of 2

(Lenovo Yoga 720) Removing extra option from Boot Manager after removing Ubuntu

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 laptop with Windows 10 installed. I was attempting to install Ubuntu 18.04 as a dual boot option. I was able to install Ubuntu, but encountered some difficulties in that during the boot up process, I was not seeing an option to choose between the two OSs. I had to press F12 manually and select from one of the choices to boot into either Windows 10 or Ubuntu 18.04. I think this was because I had installed Ubuntu in legacy mode, but later found out that I should have installed it in UEFI mode instead.

To start over, I removed the Ubuntu partitions using the Disk Management application in Windows. Now when I boot, I either get an error and go into GRUB rescue (I tried Boot-Repair by loading Ubuntu using a live USB to no effect) or have to press F12 again, after which I go to the screen shown below. From there, I have to choose the second option to load Windows 10. How I can remove the first option from the Boot Manager, so that Windows loads automatically without choosing the 2nd option from the Boot Option Menu whenever I start my laptop?

boot_manager.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 177
Message 2 of 2

Re: (Lenovo Yoga 720) Removing extra option from Boot Manager after removing Ubuntu

Hi tbdijo!

Welcome to the community forums.

I checked our list of Lenovo computers that are tested for Ubuntu OS, it shows that Lenovo Yoga 720 is not included on the list. You can check this link for more information https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd031426?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors