cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlakeinSeattle
Paper Tape
Views: 123
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo Yoga 720 Touch pad and Touch screen both stop working within 10-20 minutes of launching

ISSUE

The 720 touchpad and touchscreen are the worst.  This issue started out of the box before I had even gone on line.  When the touchpad does work, the right click/left click distinction doesn't work and I have to use the screen, when it's working, for the long hold until the right click options appear. When the screen is working, the ability to close a window and touching it just the right way is dubious at best.  I've tried modifying sensitivity, etc, in the control panel, but there is no difference.   When both window and touchpad stop functioning, I plug in an old HP mouse I have, but when I'm mobile, this means running the mouse down my leg if I don't have a surface to place my laptop upon.  And it also means carrying a mouse with me everywhere I go.  My line of work is often standing and walking with clients so  not really possible in my line of work.  

RETURN/REPAIR OPTIONS AREN'T OFFERED OR ARE NOT PRACTICAL

To back up a bit, I attempted to return this to BestBuy, but was four days beyond the allowable return date.  I contacted Lenovo, but it's all about mailing it in or turning the laptop over and being without anything for a few days.  Hard to find those few days.  I've tried to live it, but it's been an enormous killer of productivity, not to mention incredible frustration and some embarrsassing typos.   

PAST YOGA BUILD WAS GREAT - WHAT WENT WRONG WITH THE 720?

My last Yoga 710 was great.  But this 720 was like my first 710 (ghosting was a big problem, which this one also has had but I'm sticking to the two major issues for this post).  Unfortuantely, my research has led me to believe that Lenovo was aware the 720 was a bad build and Best Buy's refusal to work with me on a return was certainly coincidental, but so unprofessionally handled I won't go to them for repair or any future need.  

SELF-SERVE SOLUTIONS HAVE ME A BIT NERVOUS

I've read about deleting drivers, but I'm a bit hesitant to do something that could make it impossible to do the little work this laptop enables me to get done.  So I'm turning to this forum, for some venting benefit (thank you if you read through my diatribe) and to avoid throwing this laptop through the window (especially if it ended up not being my window when the urge strikes). There is so much wrong with this laptop, down to the keyboard ergonomics, but if I can at least get the touch pad and screen working, then I can buy myself time to justify throwing another $700 down on a different laptop. 

- Feeling a bit duped, but ever hopeful. 

Environment
720 - 121KB running Windows 10 for home

Device ID: CDA32FC3-B439-4887-AACE-2744FCD2B7AF

Processor: Core i3-7100   

Serial No.: *******

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.  Corresponding MT-M is 81B5001HUS

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors