Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RetroAttitude
What's DOS?
Views: 95
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 720 YOGA 720-15IKB Fans always on.

The fans of my Yoga 720 are always running. When it shuts down, the fans go on max until it's done shutting down, then when it boots up, the fans go on max again. It calms down for the few seconds it takes me to open up Google Chrome. Then it goes on max again. It doesn't matter whether or not I'm running an intensive program or literally just having 1 tab open in Chome, the fans are always on. 

I obviously expect it to be running at max speed when I'm playing games but not when there's 1 tab open in Google Chrome. 

Is anyone else having this issue? If so, how was it solved? I tried searching around and still didn't find a definitive answer so I really appreciated all the feedback that everyone has to give.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 61
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 YOGA 720-15IKB Fans always on.

Welcome to the Community!

Fans at max at the beginning and at shutdown is common and normal. Computers run a lot of stuff at startup and a lot of things have to be properly shut down. 

Fans ramping up when you're otherwise not doing much could involve virus scanners, Windows Updates, cloud sync, etc.  You can use Task Manager when the fan ramps up to see what's consuming your resources.

As for Chrome, a lot of us have had success disallowing Chrome from running in the background when closed. Go to Advanced Settings in chrome and set "Allow Chrome to run in the background when closed" (or words to that effect) to "off." See if that helps. 

Keep us posted.

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
RetroAttitude
What's DOS?
Views: 42
Message 3 of 4

I'll try uninstalling Norton antivirus and see if that helps at all. I do have another question though, the screen on my Yoga is also just randomly dimming and un-dimming at complete random. It, however, does seem to follow what ever is on the screen though. If I'm on a webpage that has mainly black colors/night mode, the screen will dim down and when I open a webpage that's mainly brighter colors or white, the brightness seems to go up. Is there a fix to this problem?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 38
Message 4 of 4

might have a look at this: https://lifehacker.com/disable-windows-annoying-adaptive-brightness-feature-on-1567886994

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors