Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koaleii
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Yoga 720 automatic keyboard lock is slow

Hello, my Lenovo Yoga 720-13IKB 81C3 has an issue.

When you rotate the laptop past the 180 degree point, it takes just about three seconds to lock the keyboard (it also takes three seconds when you flip it back to laptop orientation). I was wondering If there is a way I could make the keyboard shut off instantly when flipped past 180 degrees, whether that is a setting in some Lenovo software that I have not discovered, or another program entirely besides Lenovo Yoga Mode Control. I have already tried to reinstall YMC, along with resetting the laptop to factory settings, but neither have given me any success.

Thank you for any help!

junadlao
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 automatic keyboard lock is slow

Hi.

I have keyboard problems with my Yoga 720 as well which I just had reinstalled with Win10 from scratch. While I don't have an answer to your problem yet, I was wondering how you said you reinstalled the YMC service coz I'm planning to do that. I had been googling all morning and your question came up.

Koaleii
Paper Tape
Views: 257
Message 3 of 7

Assuming it is not currently installed (you said you have done a fresh Windows 10 install), you can find the download for YMC here https://support.lenovo.com/il/en/downloads/ds121689. If for some reason you need to uninstall YMC, you can find it in the uninstall page in the windows control panel.

junadlao
Paper Tape
Views: 252
Message 4 of 7

That actually did it!! Thanks a bunch! My keyboard functions as it should now as far as I can tell now (it wasn't disabling in tablet mode before). Sorry for going a bit off-topic on your posted question. I can delete this thread (from when I first replied to your OP) if you want. Cheers!

Koaleii
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 5 of 7

Glad I helped! If I may ask does your keyboard lock instantly when you flip it around? Or does it take a few seconds? Also it may help someone else that stumbles across this thread, so I don't see a need to delete it. Smiley Happy

junadlao
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 6 of 7

Okay, I tested it. I repeatedly (not continuously) pressed a key on the keyboard while I flipped the screen over, it took about 2 seconds by my count for the system to recognize the change to tablet mode. Then it changed to tablet mode (I know because my bottom toolbar went away) and it instantly disabled my keyboard. Maybe 3 seconds (unscientifically determined) for the whole process to happen. That's on a fresh Win10 Pro installation. Hope this helps.

Koaleii
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 7 of 7

Yes this is what I was wondering, thank you. I guess this means it's an issue with the software, and not my laptop in particular.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors