Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
droidusr2014
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,807
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 720 charging issue

So I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 that is about 2 months old which was originallly not charging when plugged in (it said it was plugged in and discharging) and it was associated with phantom taps/clicks of the touch screen all over the place. I resorted to replugging in the charger and restarting the machine to see if it would fix it and sure enough it fixed the phantom touch screen tap issue but the charging issue kind of remains. When it is plugged in the battery monitor in Windows 10 says that it is at 11 percent currently but then when I take the charger out the percentage jumps higher and says that it is at 13 percent. And the same thing happens over and over again as a repeated process. Any idea what could be the issue and what steps can be taken to fix this??

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,775
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 charging issue

Hi droidusr2014,

How long have you tried charging the laptop? Did you try to charge it while the laptop is turn off? Do you have a Lenovo Vantage installed on your laptop? If yes, try to open it and check the battery health status on that software. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

droidusr2014
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,758
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 charging issue

I tried charging it while the laptop was off and it still would not charge. I then gave up and later that night I tried charging it again and everything was back to normal. Not sure what would have caused something like this to happen but at the moment my laptop is functioning perfectly fine.

As for Lenovo Vantage, I checked the battery health and it is currently at 46.57 capacity out of the design capacity of 48wh so it is in "good condition" with only a slight bit of capacity lost. I guess since it is all good now the topic is closed its just strange that it happened at all. Appreciate the help though!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors