Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonB1911
Paper Tape
Views: 419
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 720 fingerprint scanner not working after Windows update

I have a yoga 720 machine type 80X6002JUS. For months now the fingerprint scanner hasn't been working. I think this happened after a windows update. I have tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling the drivers repeatedly with no luck. I have gone over every trick listed and nothing seems to work. Well, a few days ago I had another windows update and the fingerprint scanner started working again. This morning I went to log on and the fingerpring scanner isn't workoing again. The message I see in the sign on settings says "Face and Fingerprint recognition are not available on this device." When I go to the device manager under the biometric devices it says "This device cannot start (error code 10)." PLEASE help me fix this.

Here are screenshots of what I keep seeing.

Fingerprint 1.pngFingerprint 2.pngFingerprint 3.png

kwhoffmann
Paper Tape
Views: 239
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 fingerprint scanner not working after Windows update

Have you found a solution to this problem.  I have had this problem since December and tried everything short of refreshing or resetting my computer with no luck.  This is driving me CRAZY!

JasonB1911
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 3 of 4

I never found a solution. I ended up completely wiping my harddrive and factory resetting the computer. Even after doing that the fingerprint scanner will not work properly. It has to be a hardware problem. 

kwhoffmann
Paper Tape
Views: 218
Message 4 of 4

Oh, no--sorry you had to do all that.  I FINALLY resolved my problem today. I hope this works for you to.  Based on a suggestion from somone else's thread regarding this same issue, I uninstalled both the Intel Software Guards Extension Software and Synaptics WBDI - SGX biometrics devices from the device manager, then scanned for hardware changes to reinstall both; then I ran the windows updated, which finally installed something new that wasn't previously being found--2019-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4480976).  And, whala!  Windows Hello was back.  I had to save my fingerprints from scratch, but no coomplaints there.  I don't know if the update had anything to do with the fix, but that update never ran before I reinstalled the two devices.  I can't believe after nearly 3 months of trying everything under the sun, the fix was so easy.  I REALLY hope this works for you, as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors