Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
senorjava
Paper Tape
Views: 820
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 720 "Display Driver failed to start"

After a Windows mandated reboot, the display driver stopped working.

Image 1.png

Even after downloading and installing every update available the problem persists.

Is there a solution available? What Happened?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 806
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 "Display Driver failed to start"

Windows 10?

You say you have updated the driver, but you do not mention which driver that is.

I am going to presume Windows 10 and the Intel HD Graphics 620, and suggest you download the latest driver from Intel using the link below

Intel® HD Graphics 620 Driver for Windows® 10 (Version: 24.20.100.6025 (Latest) Date: 4/26/2018)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27680/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?produc...

Note:   To install that the Intel driver, you must download the .zip version of the driver, and then follow the instructions below to install it.  

How To:  Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows* 8/8.1

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Good luck,

senorjava
Paper Tape
Views: 779
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 "Display Driver failed to start"

Hello,

Yes, it's a Windows 10 machine. I went to the product support page and downloaded every update available that had a 2018 release date.  The problem persisted and after several reboots I hoped someone here knew what was going on.

Your solution worked in an odd way. The display adapter is an Intel HD Graphics 630. That zip file got me to another zip file that had a text file in it with the instructions on how to install the driver using the Device Manager. When I opened the Device Manager I noticed that the Intel Adapter had a yellow warning sign. I tried to update the driver but Windows would not have it in any way. I got a weird Windows 98 flashback: "if I just remove this thing and reboot, it may install itself again and maybe work?" Sure enough, that did the trick.

Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors