Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Watt123
Paper Tape
Views: 394
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 720 - touch screen stopped working with finger

Hello,

Yesterday my touch screen in my Lenovo Yoga 720 stopped working with finger touch. It, however, still works with pen.
I've tried to disable/uninstall HID driver, updating Windows, updating Lenovo with Service Brigde, safe booting, normal booting Windows - nothing helped.

Could you please provide me some sort of advice how to turn on my touch screen again? It is a laptop I've bought 3 months ago and I need to rely on it.

Many thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 352
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 720 - touch screen stopped working with finger

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry for what happened. Was there been any recent changes or updates before the touchscreen stopped working? Since pen still works with the screen, have tried to calibrate the touchscreen? Here's how: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-calibrate-touch-enabled-display-windows-10

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Watt123
Paper Tape
Views: 338
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for your answer.

The callibration works fine with a pen, but it still does not work with a finger.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 333
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for updating us. Download the Lenovo Vantage and let it install the latest drivers and BIOS,

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081

Update us with the result.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Watt123
Paper Tape
Views: 313
Message 5 of 9

I installed all latest updated, but sadly it still does not work.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 309
Message 6 of 9

Hi Watt123!

Thanks for the screenshot. It appears that the Lenovo Vantage is missing an Firmware update as this update resolves others case. You can reboot the computer and try running a system update on the Lenovo Vantage after. If it doesn't locate the update, you can try again until it finds the firmware update automatically.

Watt123
Paper Tape
Views: 300
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

I've tried to reboot few times, still nothing. Is it a way to download it manually?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 292
Message 8 of 9

If you already checked our website, it is not available for download because this is a basic driver of Windows. The last step that you can do is to perform a factory reset using the Novo button. Check this link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht062552

If still not working, please contact your local Lenovo support for repair. You can use this global contact list for the contact details: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

MrFrank
Paper Tape
Views: 176
Message 9 of 9

REALLY I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHERE ARE THE EXPERTS OF THIS LENOVO COMPANY BECAUSE TO CHECK THE DRIVERS VERSIONS THAT ARE WORKING IN THIS MOMENT IN MY COMPUTER AND SEND THE THRUE WORKING VERSION, IS NOT A CRAZY ASK, 

PLEASE MOVE AND DO YOUR WORK, DONT LIE TO THE PEOPLE, TELLING THAT IS HARDWARE PROBLEM, WHEN THE PEN DRIVER IS WORKING PERFECTLY. 

WHY THE TOUCH SCREEN WITH FINGERS NO WORK???

IF THE PEN WORK, THIS IS NOT HARDWARE PROBLEM.

REALLY IM VERY TIRED ABOUT TO BUY THIS YOGA COMPUTER.

I WILL RECCOMEND TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN MY SOCIAL NETWORKS TO FORGET LENOVO COMPANY BECAUSE NO HAVE ANY EXPERT READY TO HELP AFTER THE SYSTEM HAVE ISSUES.

VERY BAD.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors