Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
humbal_omar
What's DOS?
Views: 1,797
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 730-13 screen flickering issue

This seems to be  a problem with many yoga 730-13 users, My screen keeps flickering, to a point where i constantly have to adjust my screen to stabilize the screen. Sometime it gets unbearable to a point where I cannot even use my laptop anymore. This has happened to me previously and at first i installed the new BIOS update and did whatever Lenovo told me to do, but it did not work. Eventually, my laptop would not turn on for some reason. I did send it back for repair, and the laptop seemed to be working fine for that first week, then the screen flickering issue happened again. At this point, I am lost at what to do? has anyone else found a solution to this problem? is there a way lenovo could possibly recall this model, or atleast give our money back since this seems to be a manufacturer issue?

Guru
Views: 1,744
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730-13 screen flickering issue

I don't see a recall on this model, but I can certainly see how numerous repair attempts can be frustrating.

I recommend getting in touch with Lenovo support and asking for a case manager. They may have more options available (such as a replacement) than regular customer support.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Leobro
Paper Tape
Views: 1,465
Message 3 of 9

I had the Lenovo Yoga 730 I7.

I've actually figured out what the issue is with the screen flickering. I had to replace the yoga 730 three times. And all three yoga 730 had exactly the same screen flickering problem. 

It's not a software update issue. It's to do with the wire connected from the mother board to the screen. The wire doesn't have much slack when opening and shutting the laptop lid. That's what makes it flicker. I decided to swap my laptop to the X1 Carbon. So much better..

I would say Lenovo needs to do a recall on these laptop's.  I've heard a number of customers with the exact same problem. 

buzzbuzzbuzz
Paper Tape
Views: 1,381
Message 4 of 9

When you say "swap," did you find some way to return it to Lenovo, or you should ate the cost?

Leobro
Paper Tape
Views: 1,355
Message 5 of 9

I didn't return it to lenovo. I returned it to the store. And they sent it to the warranty team. However the store I brought it from were very understanding and allowed me to exchange and pay the difference for the x1 carbon. 

Misc59
Paper Tape
Views: 1,325
Message 6 of 9

Glad it worked out for you. This is a common and ongoing problem which it appears Lenovo refuses to address. As such I cancelled my 730s order and went with another brand. Lucky you bought it from a store and not directly from Lenovo as I found dealing with Lenovo directly challenging.

DJI
What's DOS?
Views: 1,307
Message 7 of 9

I have had the same screen flickering issue with my Yoga 730-15.  Tried the suggested "software" fixes to no avail.  Several posters on have YouTube videos claiming it is a hardware issue associated with a pinched wire to the display.  Anyone out there have success fixing this problem?

humbal_omar
What's DOS?
Views: 1,264
Message 8 of 9

I just sent my laptop to geek squad, and they said they replaced the LCD wire, If the problem happens again, I guess there truly is a problem on Lenovo's part and will prolly either demand a refund or a different model laptop. There is no reason we should pay 600-700 dollars for a laptop that does not function properly

MDStudent
What's DOS?
Views: 230
Message 9 of 9

wrote:

I didn't return it to lenovo. I returned it to the store. And they sent it to the warranty team. However the store I brought it from were very understanding and allowed me to exchange and pay the difference for the x1 carbon. 

@leobro, what store did you purchase this laptop from? I honestly just want to replace it at this point. Prefereably with something not lenovo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors