Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamalee
What's DOS?
Views: 2,662
Message 11 of 26

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730-13 screen flickering issue

Is it worth to purchase extended warranty for my Yoga 730-15?

My yoga 730-15 had the flicking problem too. After I talked to them and review posts from the community, I was worried about if the problem will reoccur after they fix it. The guy on the other side pushed me to purchase a extended warranty for a on site service. Is it worth to buy this type of service?

Thanks for you help.

Mamalee

buzzbuzzbuzz
Paper Tape
Views: 2,649
Message 12 of 26

@MamaleeIs it worth to purchase extended warranty for my Yoga 730-15?

YES. I would also recommend the accident warranty. I have already used it once. Lenovo's price for the standard and the accident warranties seemed very cheap to me compared to Square Trade and Best Buy.

Leobro
Paper Tape
Views: 2,614
Message 13 of 26

My local tech store. I never purchased this laptop from the Lenovo website. I agree,you should return or get an exchange. Yoga 730 an't reliable.  It's a shame that lenovo an't doing recalls. It's definitely a wiring issue. 

Leobro
Paper Tape
Views: 2,614
Message 14 of 26

I purchased it from my local tech store in new zealand.
coffeejunkie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,075
Message 15 of 26

Dear Lenovo, this issue isn't Solved at all. I have the 710 and the screen flickering is HORRIBLE. When I first got this laptop I had to deal with super noisy, over-reactive fan which Lenovo blamed on all sorts of things. Now the flicker which started getting really bad the last 6 months. I want to throw this thing out the window. I will never purchase another Lenovo product.

Lintlicker24
What's DOS?
Views: 1,941
Message 16 of 26

I bought mine with the expectation of screen flickering, hence why I got a pretty solid discount on this machine. All you have to do is take the bottom panel off the machine. Locate the surface mount display port connector on the motherboard. Carefully unplug with spludger give the wire a gentle but firm tug to allow some slack to be released from the monitor assembly. Remount the display port connector. Before putting the cover completely back on make sure the system boots normally(no flickering). I'd also recommend replacing the stock thermal paste that comes with the machine for something higher quality, it causes the small heat sink fan to spin up less and also allows for longer sustained boost clocks.
coffeejunkie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,920
Message 17 of 26

lintlicker24, Aren't you worried that such a carelessly made product will result in more issues down the line? You're far braver than I.
I'm not sure I'm capable of doing what you describe but I don't really have a choice. The flicker is that bad. Could you make a quick youtube tutorial video for people like me that don't want to screw up things even more? Pretty please. Smiley Happy

MRF1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,712
Message 18 of 26

I'm having the same issue.  My daughter's laptop was taken back to Best Buy 3 times to be repaired, and then they finally replaced it after complaining.  We received the replacement in Feb. 2019 and for the last couple months, the new one is doing the same thing.  Online with Lenovo now and they want it sent in to repair.  If this is that common of a problem, it should be recalled.  This is ridiculous!!!

MRF1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,710
Message 19 of 26

buy a different computer

MRF1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,708
Message 20 of 26

Now someone will be calling me within three days to let me know what to do. Meanwhile my daughter is in college and needs her computer for school work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors