Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J3RRY28
Blue Screen Again
Views: 240
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB - Keyboard Delay

My 730's keyboard started acting up mid January. I didn't mind it and dealt with it. I do light gaming and the keyboard seems to have grown a large delay. Only when I am gaming. I check Task Manager and my RAM usage is at 60-70%. Disk around 39%. CPU not maxed out neither iGPU. What happens is when I am to press a key such as F when i press it it happens later and it starts to stack the commands. So if i press F once it will finish the input around 1- 0.5sec later. I've looked everywhere, I can't seem to find any solutions. I have FilterKeys disabled so thats not it. Backlight is off and FPS is capped to 60 same as my screen 60hz. Only keyboard, mouse entries are smooth and with no lag. It would be very helpful if someone could help.

J3RRY28
Blue Screen Again
Views: 239
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB - Keyboard Delay

I think this may be similar to the issue that i saw on the forum with the IdeaPad 700

J3RRY28
Blue Screen Again
Views: 235
Message 3 of 6

This also happens regardless of plugging in another keyboard.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 193
Message 4 of 6

What happens if you disable the onboard keyboard but leave the external keyboard enabled?

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
J3RRY28
Blue Screen Again
Views: 179
Message 5 of 6

Which would it be the HID Keyboard or the PS/2 Keyboard 

The HID says located on Lenovo Pen device which I do not own

PS/2 says on keyboard slot 

But when I go to disable it, while opening it as admin it is grey boxed like this:disabbble.pnghid keyboard.png

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 158
Message 6 of 6

You can uninstall it, just don't reboot as it'll reinstall next boot. The reason for this is to determine if something's stuck on the built-in keyboard. A quick alternate test is to rotate the 730 into tablet mode, which should automatically disable the keyboard. Then see if you have the same experience with the virtual, on-screen keyboard. 

I've experienced this many times and, for me, it always turns out to be a stuck key or something under one of the non-letter keys, such as Scroll Lock or some such. Sometimes, a little compressed air is all it takes. Other times, the keyboard needs to be replaced. 

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? Some other options here, but ignore the ads for software.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors