Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ari12
Paper Tape
Views: 3,943
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Yoga 730 13IKB screen flickering/blinking

I bought my PC about 3 weeks ago at a Best Buy in Houston while I visited the united states. About one week after I got it it started to flicker at random times and I don't know what to do. 

I have checked online and tried all the solutions including:

upgrading graphics driver

disabling some settings in the intel graphics control center

reduce screen refresh frequency (I couldn't do this as the new update to the windows 10 fixes the rate at 60Hz)

disabling automatic screen light adjustment

checking for verified updated BIOS from lenovo website and installing it

running checks from safe mode

non of these solutions is working. Please help me as I am now back home in Nigeria and cannot possibly return the laptop to bestbuy or send it for repair to Lenovo. I really need this laptop functional for school as I spent a lot of money to get it.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,919
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 13IKB screen flickering/blinking

Hi ari12!

Welcome to the community forums.

Let's verify what type of LCD panel do you have with your Yoga 730 laptops. There are two ways to check it, first, access the Device Manager > expand the Monitor option > right click on Generic PnP Monitor > go to Properties > under Events check if you have IVO panel. Please refer to the photo on how to check it or you can also see in the attached photo on how to check it physically.

Let us know how the result.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ari12
Paper Tape
Views: 3,910
Message 3 of 10

Hello, I checked as you instructed I saw the IVO within log message information, it looks somewhat like this "Device DISPLAY\IVO0536\4&32fc1571&0&UID265988 was migrated.", as you can see the only IVO part is within that really long number.

I will attach a screenshot of what I saw.

ari12
Paper Tape
Views: 3,910
Message 4 of 10

Hello, I checked as you instructed I saw the IVO within log message information, it looks somewhat like this "Device DISPLAY\IVO0536\4&32fc1571&0&UID265988 was migrated.", as you can see the only IVO part is within that really long number.

I will attach a screenshot of what I saw.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,907
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for verifying that. We recommend you to take the laptop to the nearest Lenovo Authorized Service Provider in your location to have it checked and repaired. Click on this link for the service provider list https://support.lenovo.com/us/th/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 (filter by country and look for the service center that support IDEA products).

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

ari12
Paper Tape
Views: 3,906
Message 6 of 10

Okay. But, may I please know what exactly the issue is? Is that possible?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 3,905
Message 7 of 10

As of now, we can't really determine what is the exact problem on the laptop. They need to check and replaced either the LCD cable or the LCD Panel itself.

mshacklette
Paper Tape
Views: 3,631
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

I am having the same issues with a flickering screen on a three week old Lenovo Yoga 730-13"and also bought my computer in the USA, but am living abroad (South Korea) now. When I attempt to go Monitors > Generic PnP Monitor > Properties > Events, there is nothing listed in the box.

Could you help me with what to do next?

Best,

Meg

Pumphouse
What's DOS?
Views: 2,018
Message 9 of 10

I purchased this laptop right after thanksgiving and did while I did notice a little flickering while the screen angle was being adjusted, I wrote it off to not having owned a Yoga before and that was probably normal.

In the last two weeks however, I have had a disturbing number of incidents with very annoying and non-stop flickering until I escape from the program or browser I'm in. This has happened in Edge, Chrome, Outlook, and Powerpoint - right in the middle of a presentation. 

Here's what I think I know:

1. I haven't seen it happen while plugged in/running full power mode, only in the Better Power/Better Battery/Battery Saver Modes, but I don't run it plugged in very much, so it might be a problem too.

2. It seems to happen most while hovering the mouse over an active graphic, video, or a button. Sometimes though it just happens with an app that was running properly and just sitting. 

3. It just happened while I was running Vantage to diagnose and I was downloading updated drivers.

4. The whole screen "rolls" like you'd see if trying to take a picture of your older tv screen.

This is doubly frustrating because it's a personal purchase but used only for work. I've already been embarrased in front of a client once, really don't want to go back to my old laptop because it works better than my much more expensive new one.

finessevanes
What's DOS?
Views: 1,315
Message 10 of 10

Hello, I am having the same issue. This is my Device/ Driver information:

Device DISPLAY\LGD05B4\4&32fc1571&1&UID265988 was configured.

Driver Name: monitor.inf
Class Guid: {4D36E96E-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors