09-05-2019

US

1 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB screen flickering issue

2019-09-05, 22:41 PM

Hi...I am hoping to get some guidance on an issue that I am having.  We bought my daughter a Yoga 730 for college in July and she started experiencing issues with the screen flickering to the point she cannot use it except for in tablet mode.  In tablet mode she says it does not flicker at all but it is harder for her to use (and she honestly should be able to use it as a laptop also..that is why we chose the Yoga).  I purchased it via Amazon and their tech support sent links to update the BIOS etc. which my daughter has done but the flicker continues.

My problem(s) are these 1) Get the flicker issue resolved.  Since it works fine in tablet mode it most likely is not a software issue and I have read quite a few posts online about the wire to the display being pinched but need someone who knows about these things to take a look at it and resolve the issue.  2) She is at college 13 hours away and needs to use her laptop on a daily basis for school.  The 13 hours means I cannot drive over to her dorm and take a look at it and her need to use it means she cannot go without a machine for long.

If someone could provide some insight into how Lenovo typically handles these types of issues and what type of turnaround time she can expect?  There is a warranty place near where she is at school and that might help with the shipping time etc. but not sure.

Thanks in advance....

Options

1798 Posts

07-22-2010

US

9672 Signins

160467 Page Views

• Views: 160467
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB screen flickering issue

2019-09-06, 1:19 AM

Hi,

Its probably a hardware problem.  same thing happened to my niece and her 730 13IKB.  She took it to Best Buy and  I think they shipped it to Lenovo who replaced a video cable.  Took about a week but when she got it back she didnt test it at Best  Buy she tested when she got home and problem was still there.  She took it back to Best Buy who shipped back to Lenovo and they replaced motherboard which fixed the problem.  That was last year and its been fine since then.  The 2nd time took about a week too.  See below post from other people.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-730-13-screen-flickering-issue/m-p/4367403

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save