Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
artisticang
Paper Tape
Views: 1,237
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 730 15 4K NVIDIA GTX 1050 Fan Running Consistently

Greetings,

I recently purchased the Lenovo Yoga 730 15 inch laptop with 4K NVIDIA GTX 1050 and I've been experiencing an increase in the the fan running consistently with a low or medium whistle sound. At first, it was loud when installing updates, which was understandable. But, tonight, the fan has not stopped running since I went online to practice coding. It is especially noticeable when I'm using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome for browsing, practicing coding on tutorial websites, and checking my email. It only stopped when I closed the laptop. 

Update (7/4/2018): After I shut down my laptop and turned it on the next day, it seems that the fan went back its regular settings (turning on at more reasonable times). Perhaps, it only happens when I use a paticular coding tutorial website and check my email.

I have checked for hardware updates from both Microsoft and Lenovo Vantage, but everything is up-to-date. I have read through different threads in the forum about the fan noise on the previous version in the Yoga 700 series, but so far, but the solutions have not worked for me so far.

Is the issue connected to the browser settings? Could it be my display, battery, power, or other settings that are wrong? I have it in the better battery mode (or balanced mode) instead of performance. I tried to use it in performance mode, but nothing changed. If anyone could offer some advice, I would really appreciate it. 

Min54
Paper Tape
Views: 942
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 15 4K NVIDIA GTX 1050 Fan Running Consistently

I do have the same issue and start regretting to have bought that notebook. Lenovo support confirmed me that this series has an issue with fan control, but cannot offer any solution so far ....

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors