cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saguar0
Paper Tape
Views: 2,080
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Yoga 730 15" lags and freezes sporadically while used.

We just got our Yoga a few days ago and we immediately noticed problems with lagging and periodic freezes. This happens when we browse the web or do any other activities.
Task managers does not show any CPU/Mem/IO spikes.
I've done some searching and performed these changes:
- Upgraded BIOS to the latest version recommended by Lenovo tools ;
- Disabled HW acceleration in Chrome
- Changed cooling policy while on battery to Active.

Nothing above helped.  We are pretty much getting ready to return laptop to Best Buy.

Anybody has a similar issue?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,036
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 15" lags and freezes sporadically while used.

Hi Saguar0,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried running the laptop in Clean boot to see if there will be any changes with the system performance? Also, when you checked the Task Manager did you notice if the disk usage is 100%? Please try to download HWMonitor software to check the performance of the CPU if it throttle to a certain temperature.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Saguar0
Paper Tape
Views: 2,022
Message 3 of 7

No, - disk I/O is not maxed out at all. In fact, nothing is maxed out, - CPU is usually howering at 2-5% and memory is at 20% or so. Not much of a disk I/O. Wifi shows some activity, but not thrashing.
I will try clean boot.
Interesting comment regarding throttling CPU at the certain temperature - shouldn't I have a message about it in Event Log somewhere?
Saguar0
Paper Tape
Views: 2,011
Message 4 of 7

Clean boot doesn't seem to help... still freezing from time to time.

Saguar0
Paper Tape
Views: 1,999
Message 5 of 7

All right - problem solved, - laptop returned to Best Buy and exchanged for a different brand.

FriendlyMB
What's DOS?
Views: 294
Message 6 of 7

I had this EXACT same issue and after a year of questioning my choice to buy a Lenovo, I have finally solved it!!!

I need to share this because it drove me absolutely nuts. Smiley Happy

I noticed that the freezing of the mouse tended to happen whenever I unplugged my Lenovo Yoga 730-15 laptop from a power supply.

To solve this:

I had to change a setting in the 'Intel Graphics Command Center', you can access this in Windows 10 by clicking on the search field by the Windows Start Button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and typing 'Intel Graphics Command Center'.

Open this app.

Then once inside the app--> Click on the 'System settings' button, if you're not sure which icon it is let your mouse hover over a button and a pop-up will tell you what the button is-->  Choose the 'Power' tab --> there will be a slider for 'Panel Self Refresh - saves power by allowing panel to refresh independently '  --> slide this to OFF/Disabled.

Voila! Fixed... Take the knee and Do your happy dance!  Your laptop now works as God intended without the mouse freezing intermittently. Stupid Intel App. I came this close to returning my Lenovo Yoga 730-15.

You'll have to disable this setting for both the 'On Battery' tab and 'Plugged in' tab.

kmilos
What's DOS?
Views: 15
Message 7 of 7

You are a genius!

I was frustrated by my Yoga 720 15 IKB for more than a year and was ready to relegate it as a paper weight or a chopping board because of this annoying issue, but this fix has given breathed in some new life into it. Smiley Happy

Thank you!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors