Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
visitjunior
Paper Tape
Views: 615
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Yoga 730-15" sceen flicking randomly

Hello,

I have purchased this new Lenovo Yoga 730-15inch latop on August 31st 2018 and i have had screen flicking issues. I have updated the laptop to the latest Bios and for various drivers that i read about in the forum such as the Intel Video card but it seems to me like it has been getting worse. I would like to know if there any potential fixes to give a shot or do i just have to send it back to Lenovo to fix?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 555
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730-15" sceen flicking randomly

Hi Visitjunior

Greetings from Lenovo.

For the screen flickering issue suggest you to boot the machine to BIOS and check if there is a flickering, also move the LCD back n forth and check for the flickering. Connect an external monitor to confirm the issue. Let us know how it goes.  

visitjunior
Paper Tape
Views: 533
Message 3 of 7

Hello,

I will check out your recommendations later today. I was able to get a these two video recording of the screen flicking yesterday when I was shutting down my laptop but windows was updating. I will have the link below so you can see the videos.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lPWTq4BG88S53UjbkfcJicPl7MMxr4zQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Bvx99uUfzutz7-ycHMJnBANBzluAsLRT

These was also a strange occurance that happened in one of the videos that the sceen went black and I moved the lcd sceen and it seemed like the computer restarted as the Lenovo logo popped up but it  went back to the window update sceen?

I will give you a update later today if i can recreate the issue in the situations you mentioned. Thanks

visitjunior
Paper Tape
Views: 517
Message 4 of 7

Hello Lenovo Support,

It took approximate 2 hours of the laptop use to get the screen to flicker and I was able to connect it to a external moniter to it. The flickering is only displayed on the LCD and not on the external moniter. I did notice that adjusting the brightness of the LCD screen by using the keyboard to adjust the brightness made the flickering worse. The link below shows the recorded footage.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19oBPDeaOtqH42c4YmVRMVQn6EtVU0AGO/view?usp=sharing

visitjunior
Paper Tape
Views: 487
Message 5 of 7

Now checking if the sceen is flickers when in BIOS, I was able to get 1 flicker when i adjust/ tilted the moniter but I am not able to replicate it again to get a video recording of it. I will update the post if I am sucessful. What do you think is the issue is and do i have to send the laptop in for service?

mmahon512
Paper Tape
Views: 343
Message 6 of 7

Where you able to get any sort of formal reply from Lenovo support?  I am so disappointed in this laptop.  The keyboard is fails to type the o, l, k, i and a few other keys not even a month after I bought this POS.  The screen flickering occurs almost every time I switch this thing on.  I will never buy another Lenovo ever again.  I have had 3 and every one has had glitchy problems.  Just disappointed.  I need to send this thing back to Amazon and get something else.  

It woul be REALLY nice if Lenovo support would actually in a single post to this thread attach the 730 drivers they recommend to fix the flickering issue.  I am having to use an external keyboard to get anything done.  I can't even type 'Lenovo' with the keyboard they have for this model.

Thanks for any assistance.  

Disappointed,

Michael Mahon

visitjunior
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 7 of 7

Hello mmahon512,

It turned out in my case that the cable that connects the lcd screen to the mothereboard was loose. I initially called Lenovo Customer Service and they gave me two options to either ship out the laptop to them or becuase i bought the laptop at Best Buy I can let the Geek Squad take care of it with no cost to me as it was under warranty. I went with Geek Squad and since i recieved the laptop back I have had no issues since.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors