08-21-2018

HR

5 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 730-15 screen clips

2018-08-24, 9:25 AM

I have owned my yoga 730 for nearly one month. In general everything related to build quality feels great, except one somewhat significant thing - the screen build near the camera and microphones.

The screen seems to "unclip" from the chassis somewhat if I open the laptop from the center. I can press lightly near the microphones and I hear a little plastic "click" as it seems the clips that hold the screen and screen back re-engage.

Being a new, relatively expensive item for me, I have not disassembled it to investigate further. At the moment I am being mindful of this and opening and moving the screen by the sides instead of the center.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Is this something I should escalate and maybe visit a service center? Could the repeated uncliping-cliping cycle wear out something or cause damage? At the moment, during the clip engaging there are no noticable visual or touch problems with the screen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attached a picture with the areas circled.

Options

12062 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7112 Signins

743049 Page Views

• Views: 743049
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730-15 screen clips

2018-08-24, 13:12 PM

Hi ubbaken,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have not noticed much reports of yoga 730 having loose screen from the bezel from our community as yet maybe because it's a new release or an isolated matter.

In either case I would encourage you to have it reported to technical support along with the image to show so that you can get proper options regarding the issue. You do not have to do it yourself since there are in warranty concerns need to be considered.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

1 Posts

10-05-2020

US

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo Yoga 730-15 screen clips

2020-10-05, 14:30 PM

Once the protective wrapping came off of the hinge, I noticed that the little clip at the left bottom of the screen kept popping off.  I have since stopped trying to get it to stay, as the more I continued to use, it appears that the rod that should be holding it in place is no longer, or never was there.  This laptop was definitely at the top of the budget, and for my limited use I would expect things not to be falling apart already.  Otherwise, it works great with the exception of it not really automatically connecting to my wifi, and just turning it off for no reason.

Is there a way that I can get this piece that seems to be missing before my screen cracks?

Regards,

T

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete