Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hormoz
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,543
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Yoga 730 15, wifi problem

I got my Lenovo Yoga 730 15 a few days ago, but it's constantly loosing wifi connection after a few minutes!

what I did so far:

- installed lenovo vantage: try to update => but it says there is no update for your laptop!

- installed lenovo system update: try to update => but it says there is no update for your laptop!

- updated the wifi driver manually with windows device manager

- downloaded the latest driver from https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-730-15ikb/download...

- did reset factory and installed windows and everything again

but I still have the same issue which is very annoying

please DO NOT ASK if my router works fine?!

I have more than two decades experience in IT and have tried everything and so many researchers before posting here

+I have 500Mbps Fib stable connection (5G Wireless)

At the momenet three laptops, one desktop, three cellphones and two tablets are using the same router without a hitch!

ottotoc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,427
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 15, wifi problem

Hello,

my device is a Yoga 13. I have this prob since November with the windows updat (KB ..... 702). After deinstalling this update the prob has been solved. I did set all WiFi-connections on "cellular", so that the system hold on making updates.

Now I tested what happend and allowed the system to make an update. And the result : 1 minute after the WiFi crashed.

I deinstalled the update KB 4483234 - and all is fine.

Resume : No more windows update - that meens : the device is crashed, waste.

I didn't find a possibility to get a contact to a Lenovo - supporter. Microsoft also dosn't answer.

May be here in the community is a friendly crack and helps us to rescue us as custumers of Lenovo/Microsoft.

Hopfully with the best wishes to all users. Have a peacefull Christmas in harmony.

Thomas

RiskRaja
What's DOS?
Views: 1,366
Message 3 of 7

I do have the same problem and its not been yet resolved, did you try checking with always charge your laptop?

ottotoc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,358
Message 4 of 7

I'm looking forward an answer from Lenovos support. May be, it's only a hope. I didn't get a response till now. But it's christmess time. Let's look what happens in Janury.

Come good to 2019 !

th.

ilovelenovo954
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,351
Message 5 of 7

I understand you have problems, but maybe the card is faulty. Do you have the 01AX704 AC 8265  + BT adapter is that the one you are needing? They're like $18 

ottotoc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,120
Message 6 of 7

Thanks, I rolled back the MS-Update and blocked all new updates. Is not fine, but works. I don't think the card is gone.

Greetings Thomas
ottotoc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,091
Message 7 of 7

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 15, wifi problem : YOGA 13

Hi, now it's clear: after contackt with the support-chat and looking into the driver-offers - there ist no help for the Yoga 13. In the partlist is no compatility shown and an old professional told me, that the Yoga 13 will not work with any other card. Lenovo will not bring a new driver and the driveres from Realtek didn't work without mistakes. The solution : a micro-WiFi-stick :-(

Sincerly Thomas

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors