Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madelyn-C
Paper Tape
Views: 239
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 730-15ikb constantly losing internet connection and screen flickers

I bought this laptop in January and I started having issues with network connections about 3 weeks ago along with the screen flickering.

The screen: 

It only flickers when I watch youtube and HBO (in browser). I havent tried it with netflix or hulu yet. The screen doesnt flicker any other time. Not when I'm opening or closing the laptop and not when I'm browsing websites. It also does not flicker black. When I'm watching HBO, and there a scene where nothing is being said, and the screen flickers, you can breifly see subtitles and a scene that happened. It's like a quick flash of a frame from another part of the show. Same goes for youtube. 

Network connection: 

I will be watching something and my laptop will start buffering for about 1 minute and then it crashes and says there was a netowork error, so I refresh and it says I have no internet, then it take about 10 minutes to reconnect. When I'm on youtube, my videos load a lot slower than they normally do and buffer and lose quality a lot, but I have not had my internet disconnect while on youtube yet. Ive been watching a lot of HBO so all of my occurances are mostly on there. I have had it disconnect countless times while watching HBO since im on there way longer than youtube. 

I do not have any issues with connectivity on my other devices. I can watch Youtube and HBO just fine on my phone and desk top (I use chrome on Laptop and Desktop). 

Ive been looking online and taking steps that others said will fix the networking problem. Ive tried about 4 or 5 different solutions and none have worked. So I contacted Lenovo earlier today and this person basically said that my graphics card is out of date and that updating it will fix my flickering screen and connecivity issue. Which it didnt. So I'm at a loss.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 196
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730-15ikb constantly losing internet connection and screen flickers

@Madelyn-C wrote:

Ive been looking online and taking steps that others said will fix the networking problem. Ive tried about 4 or 5 different solutions and none have worked. 

It might help to list exactly which solutions you've already tried so others don't waste your time suggesting things you've already attempted. Though, given that the issue only happens with HBO, I'd lean toward that being an ISP-side or server-side issue. 

As for HBO or YouTube on Chrome, try turning off Hardware Acceleration in Chrome. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors