Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silvija
Paper Tape
Views: 1,616
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 730 Bamboo Ink Stylus weird behavior

Hey,

I have notice a weird behavior when using Bamboo Ink stylus with my Lenovo Yoga 730. When I press top button on the pen, my keyboard starts acting as if I am holding start button pushed down, so that means that if I push D it shows the desktop, if I push R it turns on the run console etc. My laptop S/N: xxxxxxxx

Mod edit:  Removed Serial Number to prevent abuse.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,579
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 Bamboo Ink Stylus weird behavior

Hello Silvija!

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities. Have you installed the latest driver/s for the Bamboo Ink Smart Stylus? Here's how to:

• Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand a category (like Monitors or Network Adapters) to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For example, to update a graphics card driver, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card, and select Update Driver

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Try rebooting the computer after. Please let us know and we'll pick up from that point. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Silvija
Paper Tape
Views: 1,561
Message 3 of 4

I have tried to update the driver and it says that I have latest drivers installed. Bamboo Ink pen was listed under Bluetooth if anyone is wondering. Wacom website doesn't say that Bamboo Ink supports Lenovo Yoga 730(it does support 720 I had that laptop and it worked well on that one). But a while ago it was working perfectly fine. Wacom website also has driver for Bamboo Ink pen. When trying to install that driver it says that supported device was not found. Lenovo Active Pen 2 works fine.
ireneusB
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,557
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

you stated the ActivePen2 works fine for you with the yoga730 so maybe you can answer me the question, does the wacom/lenovo pen app allow you to assign the Right/MiddleMousebutton to the upperBarrelButton ?

For me the apps are missing those entries.

I had a BambooInk, too. But with neither of the pens the apps were showing the entries to assign those mousebuttons. And i could not get any help on that question from wacom.

Thanks in advance.

ps: if you rather use the bambooInk because it has a better grip than the activePen2, i have put the rubberGrip of an old wacomIntuosPen on my activePen2 which makes it for me a lot better to grip than the bambooInk (rubberGrip did not fit the bambooInk)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors