11-20-2019

US

2 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 730 Screen Distortion

2019-11-20, 20:09 PM

I was playing Sims 4 last night after a long day of working on my computer from home, and my screen went haywire. My screen started flickering and rolling erratically. I could see my cursor in 4 different places. I started my computer in Safe Mode. It was still happening there. I got my graphics driver updated. It solved most of my screen issue. I can see about 75% of my screen clearly, but the top is distorted where there are lines of color. Even when I close out a previous window, I can still see a more transparent version of that window lingering at the top of my screen.

My car is currently in the shop and has been for 3 weeks rather than the 1 week they told me, so I’m a sitting duck. I declined a rental  to save money. Even once I finally get my car back, my options are to drive to Best Buy where I bought my laptop nearly 14 months ago, and for them to tell me my warranty expired 1 month ago, or I can drive 3 hours to the nearest Windows store where they don’t check for warranty. Either way I’m assuming getting an appointment and diagnosis will be expensive.

My biggest issue is that not only can I not drive anywhere currently without paying a ton in taxi fees, but I work from home and all my income is made by working with my computer. Can anyone help me or advise me further? I’m in a vicious cycle here.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

115 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 Screen Distortion

2019-11-20, 21:23 PM

Hi

Im sorry hear the Issue but id like you to check these out first. Check the monitor info from the Device Manager if the system has IVO display, If it is an IVO display it will need a replacement cable as it may be loose or needs replacement.

If not go to safe mode and do the next steps.

• Uninstall chipset and display driver (Intel Display driver and Nvidia or AMD Display driver [when device has double GPU]) from Control Panel. Then restart the device.
  • In Windows, download and install the latest chipset and display driver from Lenovo support website. If latest BIOS is available on support site, backup your files and I would suggest to flash the BIOS prior to chipset and display driver installation. 
  • After restart, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC or CTRL + ALT + DELETE to open Task Manager
  • Choose File -> Run new task item and tick “create this task with administrative privileges”. Key in the command: CMD, then click OK
  • Key in: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. Press Enter

Now when the scan is complete, please restart this device and check.

I hope this helps and let us know how it goes,

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms