Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kraekan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,390
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 730 - battery discharging quickly problem

Got a Lenovo Yoga just a couple days ago.  I have been using it with a browser open, with medium brightness, and it is lasting me about 3-4 hours on battery.   This laptop in the specs says it should last up to 11 hours, which I imagine this workload should bring me up to.  My previous Lenovo Y510p lasted this long, but thats how long it was stated to last, and that was after 4 years.  Does anybody else have this issue?

Guru
Views: 1,326
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 - battery discharging quickly problem

If it's brand new, then a lot of things could be consuming the CPU and draining your battery. Windows is updating.. McAfee (or whatever AV you're using) is scanning.. Dropbox is synching.. lots of things run not only with a new computer, but at startup.  Virus scanners are notorious for this. Depending on the one you have, it could be scanning the whole computer every boot-up, examining every webpage before it loads, updating definition files and what-have-you.

You can always employ Task Manager to see what's running. There are methods to view and disable programs that are unnecessarily running at startup. 

Once you get a handle on all of those, switch to Airplane Mode shortly after booting up, then spend some time reading through something you already have on your laptop, such as a user manual. Sure, it's boring, but you should see battery life get a bit longer.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
hegerber
Serial Port
Views: 1,325
Message 3 of 6

That's very weird, I have a 720 and it lasts way longer than that. Try updating the BIOS and drivers. Aside from that, try clicking on the battery icon, and don't choose best performance; that option drains battery very quickly. Only use best performance when you are doing intensive stuff like gaming, adobe stuff, matlab, etc.

Also have a look here:

Settings > System > Battery > See which apps are affecting your battery life

Maybe some app is running continuously in the background when it shouldn't.

Another thing is when you just get your laptop, and move a bunch of your files onto it, it is probably using quite a bit of battery to index the files for quicker file searches. But still, on my first use it was nothing like that. Good luck!

Kraekan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,321
Message 4 of 6

Posted after laptop was fully setup, and no irregular background processes we're running.  All drivers were updated as much as possible.  It's a problem with the hardware itself

Guru
Views: 1,317
Message 5 of 6

I guess if you've already tried everything hegerber and I suggested and have determined it's definitely a hardware issue, then your recourse is to either exchange it or send it in for repair. 

I wish you good luck.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
prash43
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,307
Message 6 of 6

Update the display adapter software in Device Manager to resolve this issue.

More detailed steps are here.

1.Open Device manager

2.Look up for Display Adapters ->Right click and update Driver Software!

Before these steps my battery life was 2 hr only when 100% charged. After the above update/steps, now it shows up 5-6hrs when 100%.

Regards

Prashant

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors