Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrel
Paper Tape
Views: 419
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 730 is not booting after upgrade SSD

Dear experts,

I tried to upgrade the factory SSD to a new SSD 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2.
After replace the SSD with this new one, I turn on again the laptop but it never boot; The keyboard light is on, and the screen is ligthing.
Im tried to access to the bios but the (fn)/F2 and the (fn)/F10 are not working to access to the BIOS.

Any idea about how i can fix it?

Thank you,

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 415
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 is not booting after upgrade SSD

Hello and welcome,

Use the Novo button to access BIOS.  Page 11 of the User's Guide:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga730-13ikb_yoga730-15ikb_yoga730-13iwl_yoga730-1...

You don't say which 730 you have, but the way I read the base specifications they both require a PCIe SSD, not SATA.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/Yoga%20730%20(13_)%20Int...

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/Lenovo%20Tablets%20_%20Convertibles/Yoga%20730%20(15_)%20Int...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jrel
Paper Tape
Views: 410
Message 3 of 6

The Yoga model is Yoga 730 15.6 Full HD with 265 SSD.

The Samsung SSD model is: V-NAND SSD 860 EVO SATA M.2

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 404
Message 4 of 6

@jrel wrote:

The Yoga model is Yoga 730 15.6 Full HD with 265 SSD.

The Samsung SSD model is: V-NAND SSD 860 EVO SATA M.2

Understood.  That doesn't change my reply.

Use the Novo button to access BIOS.  That SSD is not compatible with your laptop.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

jrel
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 5 of 6

Thank you, Where I can found a list with compatible SSD with Yoga 730 (15) in order upgrade the disk?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 376
Message 6 of 6

The only list I have access to is the parts list:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-730-15ikb/81cu/par...

"show more" will give you the SSDs that Lenovo currently specs with that machine.

I'd expect any 2280 PCIe (not SATA) drive to work but can't verify that personally.  Perhaps others who have made the swap will join this thread.

Z.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors