Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Foxfire7
Paper Tape
Views: 7,745
Message 1 of 16

Lenovo Yoga 730 - no audio/ even internal speakers not recognized

Brand new machine.  Bought yesterday.  Internal speakers not recognize.  No audio option options provided on settings screen.  Headphone jack gives no audio as well. Downloaded driver from Lenovo. Ran it.  Still has speaker in sys tray with red X and each time we try to troubleshoot, it just says restart.  Please help.  Otherwise, this goes right back to the store. 

kevinh9
Paper Tape
Views: 7,643
Message 2 of 16

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 - no audio/ even internal speakers not recognized

Mine did the same thing this evening after an update. I can only get it to work via my DisplayLink USB hub. Its the Realtek Audio update that it did. Can't uninstall, and I've ran the trouble shooter. I tried installing the native driver from Lenovo, to rule out corrupt driver and still red X when i unplug my headphone from my displayport plug. I'm headed out of town and need my Audio this week. 

TMcGill
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,551
Message 3 of 16

I feel your pain.  I had the same issue a couple of days ago.  After talking with tech support they said I needed to return the laptop for a new one. I had to drive more than 20 miles to find a Best Buy that had one in stock.  Brought it home and checked the audio right away.  Sound was coming from the speakers so I thought I was good to go but alas, the dreaded red circle with an 'x' inside showed up on my audio icon.  Called tech support again and they uninstalled an audio device in device manager (it was an intel device and not the Realtek device).  They clicked the "check for hardware updates" several times and like magic it worked again.  However, after a few minutes my audio was gone!  Called tech support again and after being on hold for over 30 minutes, they went through the same steps again but this time turned off "Do you want to automatically download manufacturer's apps and icons available for your devices?"  Seems to have done the trick but I am not happy with this solution.  I am worried that I will miss some important updates.

Spent almost an hour driving, an hour on the phone and 2 to 3 hours of troubleshooting and basically ruined my day for something that should be a given right out of the box with a new laptop!

This is obviously a problem that Lenovo needs to recognize.

kevinh9
Paper Tape
Views: 7,531
Message 4 of 16

I did a roll back to the previous spot before the udpate and the Audio works just fine. It appears the new Realtek driver is corrupt. I used Twitter to communicate with Lenovo last night. I hope they get a fix soon. 

SharonIT
What's DOS?
Views: 7,503
Message 5 of 16

Bought the same laptop a week ago and i have the same audio problem. driver download (realtek) doesn't solve the problem.
When will you have a fixed version of that driver ?
Highlighted
crazyman
What's DOS?
Views: 7,462
Message 6 of 16

Bought my 730 also a week ago. After some unsuccessful googling, I tried the following, which worked:

Open the run command (windows + R), type in "devmgmt.msc", which stands for device manager.

Under system devices, go to "Intel Smart Sound Technology", go to "Driver", and click on "Previous Driver" (maybe it has another name, but the same meaning). Worked like a charm for me, without reboot or anything else. Hope that helped.

Cheers

trenzterra
Punch Card
Views: 7,424
Message 7 of 16

I had the same issues but managed to solve it!

Go to Device Manager. Click View>Show Hidden Devices.

Under System Devices you should see an exclamation mark next to Intel Smart Sound Technology. Right click, Uninstall and tick the checkbox "Delete the driver software from the device".

Next, download the latest Realtek audio driver from the Lenovo website. The files will extract to a particular folder. Now, you should see an unknown device in Device Manager. Right click, update drivers, and select choose manually. Navigate it to the extracted folder and the drivers should install properly.

After doing so, the Intel SST will attempt to install again. However, this time, the audio will only be disabled briefly and everything will be back installed the way it should!

EDIT: Actually, I followed the steps here but couldn't recall offhand: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-710-14ikb-80V4-latest-system-Intel-dr...

bear777
What's DOS?
Views: 7,339
Message 8 of 16

Thank you!  Worked immediately after trying various (non-working) solutions for hours. U da man!

@crazyman wrote:

Bought my 730 also a week ago. After some unsuccessful googling, I tried the following, which worked:

Open the run command (windows + R), type in "devmgmt.msc", which stands for device manager.

Under system devices, go to "Intel Smart Sound Technology", go to "Driver", and click on "Previous Driver" (maybe it has another name, but the same meaning). Worked like a charm for me, without reboot or anything else. Hope that helped.

Cheers

increible
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,268
Message 9 of 16

@crazyman wrote:

Cheers

Thank you so much!

I got my new yoga 730 yesterday and the not working audio was driving me to despair. I really thought my notbook was broken, cause i tried everything Google suggests, including trying to install new drivers, but nothing worked. I even considered to newly set up WIN 10 again, because when I first started the device the "audio-guide" worked fine.

But your solution just worked in 2 seconds, I´m so glad I read your comment. Propably you saved my weekend. I really wish you a nice weekend, I can´t tell you how happy I´m right now.

But Lenovo really has to fix the new audio driver, it really is a shame that the audio isn´t working in a completely new device...

Kind regards

Edward_Ong
Paper Tape
Views: 6,877
Message 10 of 16

Mine is working now. 

1. In Device Manager, go to 'System Devices' and look for “Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller” 
2. Right click on the “Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST)…”  and select “Uninstall”.
3. Check on “Delete the driver software for this device” and press “OK”.
4. Restart the computer

5. Go to Device Manager to check. Under the 'Sound, video game controller', you should be able to see "Realtek High Definition Audio".

Hope this Helps

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors