Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EpicHype
Fanfold Paper
Views: 251
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK Doesn't turn back on after it goes to sleep

Hello,

My laptop doesn't turn back on after it goes to sleep. When I close the lid of it and after the screens go black, I press the power button and the lights on the power button light up as the laptop would be on, but the screen remains black. To get it to turn on with the screen, I have to shut it down and turn it back on. It is very annoying and I would like to get some help. The laptop runs Windows 10 Home. 8 GB ram, the i7 Intel processor. The laptop still has 200 days of warranty.

Please help.

PigVomit
Fanfold Paper
Views: 222
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK Doesn't turn back on after it goes to sleep

I assume you are using the latest Intel drivers and not the (very old, outdated, never updated) drivers from the Lenovo support page.

This is a known issue.  Most laptop manufacturers addressed this with a BIOS update, but, of course, not Lenovo because they can't be bothered to support a two-year-old laptop.

After several months, Intel has finally identified the problem, and it *should* be fixed in the next driver release.  In the meantime you can revert to 15.45 or 15.40 drivers and it will fix it.

Another work around is to change your power settings so that instead of going to sleep, your laptop hibernates.  That is what I have done.

EpicHype
Fanfold Paper
Views: 213
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK Doesn't turn back on after it goes to sleep

Thanks. Smiley Happy

Screw you, Lenovo for not caring about customers! XD

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors