Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisluna
What's DOS?
Views: 3,088
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga 900 Bluetooth keeps turning off by itself

Hi guys,

I had a Yoga Pro 2 but I got it replaced by Lenovo under warranty because it was having some major major issues. They sent me a Yoga 900 and I am already noticing problems with its connection to my bluetooth mouse. I used this same bluetooth mouse on my Yoga Pro 2 and it always connected fine without any problems at all but with my Yoga 900 it seems that the mouse will be connected for 5 minutes max and then the Yoga 900 will no longer recognize the mouse. Any help is appreciated, this is very frustrating and I have had been having a lot of problems with Lenovo's devices. Their warranty is great but I am getting tired of so many problems for such expensive machines.

RuggedBuffalo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,954
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900 Bluetooth keeps turning off by itself

Similar problem here.  Yoga 900 just a couple of months old, and I decided to try a bluetooth mouse.  It connected and worked just fine for a couple of minutes and then stopped.  Windows still says the mouse is paired and connected, but it doesnt work.  Turn bluetooth off, turn mouse off, remove mouse from bluetooth devices, re pair mouse and it works for a couple of minutes and then stops.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  I'm hoping this is a Windows problem and not a Lenovo problem, but if anyone finds a solution I would love to hear it.

timkruffer
What's DOS?
Views: 2,940
Message 3 of 9

I had the problem as stated and tried doing the remove and reinstall Win7 compatible, then disabling power management. Doing this caused driver issues with my Logitech MXAnywhere2 mouse. I removed and reinstalled the Intel Bluetooth driver minus the Win7 compatiblity process, but with the power management setting modification. I thought I had it cleared up, but the system bluetooth again turned itself off. I'll keep trying to work the Win7 compatiblity setting, but am concerned I made a bad choice with this purchase.

lauralee923
What's DOS?
Views: 2,777
Message 4 of 9

I really wish Lenovo would reply to this issue.  I have purchased 2 of these now thinking the first one was defective.  It does not work with bluetooth or the nano receiver.  Lenovo......please tell us how to get this mouse to work!

aeonlive
Paper Tape
Views: 2,688
Message 5 of 9

Just returned my Lenovo Yoga 900 for the same issue.

The replacement they gave me has the same problem. Its an MX Master mouse, but i don't think its the mouse but the bluetooth in the Yoga. I have trouble with the audio unpairing too.

Lenovo?

forked
What's DOS?
Views: 2,611
Message 6 of 9

I was having the same problem.  Here's what I did that fixed it (I'm not sure which of the two fixed or if both were required)

1) Go to the Device Manager (Windows Key + X and then select Device Manager)

2) Go to the Bluetooth node

3) Find the Intel Wireless Bluetooth entry and right click it and select 'Update Driver Software'.  If you get an update, reboot after it's done.

4) It *MIGHT* be fixed at that point

5) If not, go back to the Device Manager and find the Intel Wireless Bluetooth node again.  Right-click and go to Properties

6) Go to the Power Management tab and uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

7) Reboot (just in case) and try it again

That worked for me.  Hope that helps.

timkruffer
What's DOS?
Views: 2,597
Message 7 of 9

I received an email yesterday that somone had added something to this issue and decided to retest for my issue. Apparently my issue has been resolved as my bluetooth stays connected to my MX Anywhere2 mouse and doesn't disconnect after a few minutes. I didn't do anything more than I originally documented, so either Lenovo, Logitech, or Microsoft updated drivers. Either way, I've very happy to be able to use my mouse bluetooth as intended.

RuggedBuffalo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,520
Message 8 of 9

I just checked for an update for the driver in Device Manager.  Installed update and mouse is good to go now, hasn't disconnected in about a week so far.

kaplanjul
Paper Tape
Views: 2,278
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for this. It helped, but I must say there's a lot of issues with the Lenovo Yoga Pro 900. Very buggy!!! I'm super disapointed.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors