09-30-2019

US

2 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 900 No Bootable Devices

2019-09-30, 18:47 PM

I have a Lenovo Yogo 900 13-ISK2 laptop which shipped with Windows. I partitioned the hard drive to dual boot with Ubuntu, and hadn't had any problems in the past three years. I was trying to remove the Windows partition using os-uninstaller (which threw an error and didn't work), and then when I rebooted my computer I started getting an error saying "No bootable devices" available. I tried some fixes in BIOS (switching from "UEFI" to "Legacy First") but nothing has helped. Eventually, I downloaded Ubuntu onto a flash drive and was able to successfully boot from there. I can go in my filesystem and see my old partitions with all their files still there and available, but I can't figure out how to allow myself to boot back into my old Ubuntu install (or Windows, for that matter). The boot menu is empty- there's no boot order without the flash drive download of Ubuntu plugged in. Thanks in advance.

Options

619 Posts

08-02-2018

US

302 Signins

2148 Page Views

• Views: 2148
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900 No Bootable Devices

2019-11-03, 3:23 AM

Hi mike471!

Thanks for posting in the Community,

Could you please check if the HDD is still detected? That would be under Information Tab in the BIOS. Make sure that Secure Boot is enabled as well. No Bootable Device could lead to a corrupted HDD, since it's not also part of the Boot Order in the Boot Menu.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save