01-27-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 900 - No longer recognizing headphones

2020-01-27, 15:05 PM

I've had the laptop for 3.5 years and have intermttently had issues with the headphone jack, but all resolved after restarting the laptop. Approximately 2 days ago, the laptop stopped recognizing anything plugged into the headphone jack. I have tried multiple pairs of headphones that are confirmed to work on other devices. The laptop was turned on from sleep mode and the headphone jack had been working immediately prior. The laptop does not recognize the headphone jack and sound continues to come from the speakers. The only thing I can think may have changed is that I updated the BIOS version.

I have tried reinstalling the BIOS version and updating the RealTek Audio drivers. Unfortunately, I do not have a system restore point saved from before I updated the BIOS. I have attempted to update drivers through the online Lenovo diagnostics, but the driver updates will not install and the hardware scan will not run. I can't think of anything else to try, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Options

733 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900 - No longer recognizing headphones

2020-01-28, 12:11 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Try checking if the headphone is set as default device if not, click on it and set it as the default playback device, try to play a sample sound and observe.

If still doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the audio driver. 

1. Open Device Manager.
2.Under Device Manager, look for Sound and Gaming Controllers.
3.Your Audio Device, named Conexant or Realtek, should be there.
4. Right-click the audio device and select Uninstall.
5. When a popup shows asking to delete the driver software, be sure to check the Delete the driver software for this device check box.
6. Restart the system
7. Go to our Support Website and download the updated audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save