cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikolaijn
Paper Tape
Views: 3,287
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 900 battery life: 6 hours per charge. Is this normal?

Hi guys,

I've had my Yoga 900 since December 2015 and I enjoy this ultrabook. 

I am concerned about the battery life though. The specs say up to 9 hours of battery life, but based on my usage I would have to say that I am only confident of 6 hours worth of charge.

My typical use is as follows: 

1) Approximately 75% screen brightness (225 nits)

2) Combo of WiFi with multiple Google Chrome tabs open, video and music usage mixed in my typical day.

Those of you with the Yoga 900, would you say that this is normal or typical?

Thanks,

Nik

Guru
Views: 3,232
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900 battery life: 6 hours per charge. Is this normal?

Lenovo says 9 hours of local video playback and 10 hours of web surfing. 

Looking at your usage (combo of both video and web surfing, I'd say 6 hours is normal. However, it could be because Chrome uses more resources and battery life than Microsoft Edge. I've switched to Microsoft Edge on my Yoga 900 and see an improvement on battery life.  

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

kton
Paper Tape
Views: 3,063
Message 3 of 6

Hi, I'm getting the same issue except it's never more than 4.5 hours per charge and the fans are CONSTANTLY running, even when I have no windows open.

How can I improve the battery life? I checked in lenovo settings and the battery is stated to be in "good" condition.

I've only had the laptop for a few months and I have never even gotten close to 6-8 hours no matter what I try.

Guru
Views: 3,057
Message 4 of 6

Battery condition "good" means that it's working fine. 

Make sure background apps like McAfee Security, Chrome background apps, OneDrive, etc aren't running. I notice that when OneDrive is updating, the device would activate the fans- even with no usage. Also try using Microsoft Edge over Google Chrome- it's lighter on battery life, but heavy on performance. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

SAlex2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,513
Message 5 of 6

The indication I have after full charge is 9:40 hours which looks fine. Curius is that some time (no change in setting or usage) it will keep for only 4 hours. Any explanation?

kton
Paper Tape
Views: 1,505
Message 6 of 6

check your antivirus. I was using Comodo which was eating battery life. Switched to Avast and I got normal amounts.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors