cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santaclaus1
Paper Tape
Views: 674
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga 900 wakes up from sleep by itself, overheats in laptop bag and drains battery

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 900 (Intel Core i7-6560U 3.2 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, Windows 10) and have been experiencing the following issue since I purchased it:

I put the laptop in sleep mode and into my laptop bag. The laptop will wake up by itself later despite the lid is closed. It then stays on as it's inside the laptop bag it gets very hot and drains the battery. Since this has happened closer to 10 times already I'm worried if the battery life is already damaged due to heating. Normally when I close the lid the laptop goes onto sleep mode. 

I have already taken many measures to try and stop it from waking up from this article (http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/stop-windows-computer-randomly-waking/). I have set the power setting so that it should always go on sleep mode when the lid is closed. I don't understand how it goes on even when the lid is closed. 

What could be the problem? Thanks in advance! 

NsNidPL
Serial Port
Views: 627
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900 wakes up from sleep by itself, overheats in laptop bag and drains battery

Mouse or other device. This feature was designed for desktops, but it is on laptops too and cannot be disabled. When you click mouse computer wakes from sleep. Same with keyboard.

gja
Punch Card
Views: 581
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900 wakes up from sleep by itself, overheats in laptop bag and drains battery

I'm experiencing the exact same thing with my Yoga 910.

Close the lid (settings set to sleep when I do this), I'll put the laptop in my bag. Will come back hours to open the bag, and find a burning hot laptop, and batter almost drained.

Called Lenovo tech support, and their main solution was to just always shut the computer down completely - cause that's practical - or call Microsoft. Excellent customer service...

santaclaus1
Paper Tape
Views: 575
Message 4 of 5

Thanks both. I have already disabled all USB devices from waking it up. In any case, the laptop should automatically go back to sleep even if woken up when the lid is closed. I have set this in the settings.

Shutting it down is not really a practical option since I always leave a lot of work in progress open when I put it to sleep.

I will try to investigate further and let you know if I find a solution. If I find that the battery life has gone bad because of this problem I will return the laptop.
artk13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 558
Message 5 of 5

Have you tried setting it to hibernate instead of sleep?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors