Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stefan15
Serial Port
Views: 3,340
Message 1 of 20

Lenovo Yoga 900S - trackpad behavior

The trackpad might break me here... it's absolutely terrible if you're the kind of user that likes to use single finger click and two finger right click exclusively. You can set it up for this behaviour but it basically disables the entire bottom third of the trackpad.

Moderator comment: New thread created. Subject edited. Was: Re: Lenovo Yoga 900S - quick review

seekingultra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,331
Message 2 of 20

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900S - trackpad behavior

Are there tactile click locations for left and right click in the bottom corners?  Or is it totally "tap" sensing?  Mine shipped out yesterday and this was one of my concerns.  Another option that just went on sale, the ThinkPad X1 Tablet, has dedicated buttons like a traditional ThinkPad.  It's much pricier for the same hardware, though, and I like the Yoga flexibility compared to a Surface type setup.

stefan15
Serial Port
Views: 3,304
Message 3 of 20

It's completely virtual, but there is a location for left and right click denoted by an orange line.But the trackpad is one piece. It's just garbage driver software.

seekingultra
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,294
Message 4 of 20

That's a big bummer.  I had the impression it was a real clicky pad, but it sounds like a Mac forcepad type of deal.  I'll give it a try.  Since it's a touch screen maybe I can cope.

Guru
Views: 3,271
Message 5 of 20

I've read press releases from sites like The Verge, Engadget, CNET, etc. All say its a clickable trackpad. Engadget compared it to the MacBook, says it has more key travel and tactile feedback. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,483
Message 6 of 20

@stefan15 wrote:

It's completely virtual, but there is a location for left and right click denoted by an orange line.But the trackpad is one piece. It's just garbage driver software.

Good day.

The touchpad is most definitely clickable. I'm doing so on my 900S right as I type this message.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

stefan15
Serial Port
Views: 3,307
Message 7 of 20

@sarbin

@sarbin wrote:

@stefan15 wrote:

Good day.

The touchpad is most definitely clickable. I'm doing so on my 900S right as I type this message.

Regards.

That's not what I mean. The trackpad is one unit with two regions on the bottom for left and right click.

If you disable corner click (one finger corner secondary click), you should be able to two finger click anywhere for secondary click.

But you can't. Even if you disable corner click, that bottom right corner will not allow one finger primary clicking. Likewise the bottom left will not allow two finger secondary clicking.

Blown away that this made it through QA/QC..

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,269
Message 8 of 20

@stefan15 wrote:

@sarbin

@sarbin wrote:

@stefan15 wrote:

Good day.

Regards.

That's not what I mean. The trackpad is one unit with two regions on the bottom for left and right click.

If you disable corner click (one finger corner secondary click), you should be able to two finger click anywhere for secondary click.

But you can't. Even if you disable corner click, that bottom right corner will not allow one finger primary clicking. Likewise the

bottom left will not allow two finger secondary clicking.

With the above setting disabled, a one-finger click in the right corner does not do anything for me, but a one-finger tap generates a primary action (select, button press, etc). Does that also work for you? Also, confirmed that a two-finger click, with both fingers in the bottom left zone, does not open context menus, but does work if only one of the two fingers is in the bottom left zone.

See above.

If I'm still missing something, please provide more info and I'll try to help further. Also, please confirm your Synaptics driver version. I'm at v19.0.17.64 dated 2/3/16.

Regards.

PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

stefan15
Serial Port
Views: 3,207
Message 9 of 20

@sarbin wrote:

@stefan15 wrote:

@sarbin

@sarbin wrote:

@stefan15 wrote:

Good day.

Regards.

But you can't. Even if you disable corner click, that bottom right corner will not allow one finger primary clicking. Likewise the

With the above setting disabled, a one-finger click in the right corner does not do anything for me, but a one-finger tap generates a primary action (select, button press, etc). Does that also work for you? Also, confirmed that a two-finger click, with both fingers in the bottom left zone, does not open context menus, but does work if only one of the two fingers is in the bottom left zone.

See above.

If I'm still missing something, please provide more info and I'll try to help further. Also, please confirm your Synaptics driver version. I'm at v19.0.17.64 dated 2/3/16.

Regards.

No.

- tapping is completely disabled

- setting for "secondary corner click" set to disabled, working

- single-finger click is primary

- two-finger click is set to secondary

When I try to two-finger secondary click in the bottom-left of the clickpad, it doesn't work. Only primary single finger click works in this region.

When I try to one-finger primary click in the bottom-right of the clickpad, it doesn't work. Only secondary two-finger click works in this region.

In other words the clickpad is correctly disabling tapping and only allowing two-finger secondary clicks. However it still filters the clicks when clicking in the bottom left or bottom right regions. This is 100% a QA/QCslip up, and a lingering bug. Other Yoga devices do not do this.

v19.0.17.73 08Mar16 driver

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,174
Message 10 of 20

@stefan15 wrote:

See above.

Regards.

No.

- tapping is completely disabled

- setting for "secondary corner click" set to disabled, working

- single-finger click is primary

- two-finger click is set to secondary

When I try to two-finger secondary click in the bottom-left of the clickpad, it doesn't work. Only primary single finger click works in this region.

That's what I posted. Two-finger physical click in that region doesn't register. Move one of the fingers to the right of the line, and I get successful two-finger clicks opening context menus.

When I try to one-finger primary click in the bottom-right of the clickpad, it doesn't work. Only secondary two-finger click works in this region.

That's also what I posted.

In other words the clickpad is correctly disabling tapping and only allowing two-finger secondary clicks. However it still filters the clicks when clicking in the bottom left or bottom right regions. This is 100% a QA/QCslip up, and a lingering bug. Other Yoga devices do not do this.

Tapping seems to be working OK for me.

v19.0.17.73 08Mar16 driver

Maybe it's a driver version thing, then. Where did you get your version? Installed from factory? Elsewhere (since .73 is not on the driver page)?

See above.

Regards.

Top Kudoed Authors