Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dshudson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,307
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 900s Release date

Hello, 

I was told by a Lenovo sales rep two weeks ago that 4/4 was the release date for the 900s. However skeptical I called in this morning and the rep I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. Yet another example how bad customer service is at Lenovo. 

With that said, is there anybody that knows the release date for this laptop? Every review I’ve read said March. :-( By the time this laptop comes out the specs will be a lot less attractive. I am running a Yoga 2 Pro i7 with a Samsung 850 EVO so it will be hard to top. 

SeanCarney
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,264
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900s Release date

I spoke by chat today with a Lenovo sales rep (Mike) and he told me Lenovo didn't know at this time if it would ever be release.  When I asked why he said they already had business laptops in that range and he didn't see the need for the 900s.  After much back and forth to make sure we were talking about the same computer, he confirmed that he was talking about the 900s.   Frankly i don't think he knew what he was talking about because when I mentioned it had a 12" screen he corrected me to say it was 13.3" (which is wrong).  So go figure.

dshudson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,148
Message 3 of 6

That’s pretty funny. The Lenovo employees are so uninformed its almost funny. The only reason why I wanted the 900s is the fact it was going to have a PCIe NVMe SSD and 16gb of RAM. (Update: Opps its only going to have 8GB RAM, what a joke) The other laptop in this range, with these specs is the X1 Yoga which I tried and hated and as I mentioned on another post, not to mention it was defective as well.

Well, I guess I waited long enough for the release and every date they announced it would come out has passed, so I guess Lenovo lost my business. DOUBT they care. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,101
Message 4 of 6

As of right now, I haven't seen any dates announced. The best bet will be to watch the US site, as they seem to launch earliest in the US (I'm in Canada, and tend to take a few extra months to get the bilingual keyboards out).

The official release announcement was for March 2016, but since that was in January, there may just be a production delay.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
dshudson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,081
Message 5 of 6

You just stated the obvious, but thanks. 

Guru
Views: 809
Message 6 of 6

Well the Lenovo Yoga 900s is now on the Lenovo support site, and they just put it up on the Lenovo service training site. I don't know much, but I know its very close now.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors