Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wizbrewery
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 888
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga 900s wifi issue after hibernation or sleep

Hi,

Seems the wifi auto connect isn't working for me after sleep & hibernation.  Each time,  after those events,  I have to connect manually to my Wifi.

I'm on windows 10 x64 v1607 with the latest updates

SSID: *********
Protocol: 802.11ac
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 5 GHz
Network channel: 44
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Description: Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless PCIE Full Dongle Adapter
Driver version: 1.558.29.5
Physical address (MAC): ‎60-6D-C7-C2-45-59

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 842
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga 900s wifi issue after hibernation or sleep

Hi wizbrewery, 

Welcome to the community, delighted to have you here.

I would recommend that you download the driver for the wifi card from support.lenovo.com then un-install the wifi card driver. Make sure to tick the delete driver software during the un-install then restart the laptop. Once you have restarted the system, go to the wifi card properties and click on the power management tab. Please un-tick the "Allow the Computer to turn off this device to save power". 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
wizbrewery
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 798
Message 3 of 8

Hi & thanks,

still getting the same issue,  only slightly different this time.  When lid is shut & the opened,  the wifi is momentarily connected,  then bleeps & then disconnects again.  When loged in,  its still disconnected.

I followed your instructions with reinstalling the driver and disabling saving power from wifi properties

cheers

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 790
Message 4 of 8

Hi, 

Sorry for the late reply. Is the wifi card still detected in device manager when it gets disconnected? Can you try using the windows driver for the wifi card? 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
wizbrewery
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 771
Message 5 of 8

Hi,  

It did recognise the broadcom card in device manager.

deleted bradcom driver with the hope it would bring back the windows driver.  Now wireless card has disappeared from network devices.  Trying to reinstall lenovo broadcom driver gives me this error:  Error "Update.cpp 1245' has occured and Setup cannot continue.  eek no networking,  help please

wizbrewery
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 768
Message 6 of 8

And here's the event log for the broadcom driver ..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_NgjEab9N2oNGdTbDZHeUtYSzA/view?usp=sharing

wizbrewery
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 751
Message 7 of 8

Hi,  my laptop has no wireless now we have uninstalledand deleted the broadcom driver with the above error when I try to reinstall

Its notsolved, actually much worse than before. The laptop cannot connect to the internet

wizbrewery
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 618
Message 8 of 8

I had to buy a usb/ethernet adapter,  wget a wired connecttion to my laptop.  Once this was done I could update the wireless driver

Top Kudoed Authors