Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adis1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,487
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB Killing WiFi router

Hello, Recently my CEO had bought a Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB. It came with win10 preinstalled. I had worked on it for about 10 minutes and than the problem showed up: our local WiFi network dissapeared. I immediatelly took my laptop and searched for WiFi networks but no there was no my SSID at all. Then I had restarted WiFi router and network showed Up, but as soon Yoga connected, same again no network. I googled for solution and I did uninstall EMC and Lenovo Utility but that did not resolved the problem. Then I had tried to uninstall all drivers and than download and install them again but still the problem is there. Wherever Yoga connects WiFi dies. I found that some routers recognize something like DDos attack and so I dissabled that option on routers but again problem is there. Please can u give me solution to this problem because my CEO thinks that I am not capable of doing my Job (IT technician/Network administrator). Best wishes Adis
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,416
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB Killing WiFi router

Hi adis1,  

Just like to ask if you already checked if there was any update for the router. I have read a lot of post about the same issue for other devices from other sites  and router firmware updates mostly fixes the issue. I would also recommend getting in touch with the router manufacturer.

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Guru
Views: 1,411
Message 3 of 12

I'd also check your Windows system error log for any WLAN error messages. But, being an IT guy, you've probably already thought of that. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
adis1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,359
Message 4 of 12

I did everything I had found on google but nothing helped. On the end I had to buy 4 new WiFi routers and configure them and place them on locations where my CEO connects on WiFi. But all 4 routers i had replaced was working for a year or so. So I decided to place them on other locations and they work seamlessly. So please Lenovo do something after all these Yoga devices are not cheap at all.

Pa1k
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,126
Message 5 of 12

I have the same problem ever since I got this Lenovo yoga 910. I have a Tp-link router which has been working flawlessly with all my other devices till date. Only when I connect my yoga 910, within few mins, the whole router is jammed and restarting the router is the only solution to fix it.

I am really pissed off with this laptop, after paying a fortune. Till date there has been no single solution found on internet. I tried updating every possible driver and network/power settings on the laptop. I believe this  Qualcomm wifi adaptor ( Atheros QCA61x4a) is a **bleep**ty piece of hardware which lenovo is shipping  with this laptop and fooling the buyers.

Guru
Views: 1,122
Message 6 of 12

If you have a dual-band router, try settling separate SSIDs for each band. Use Lenovo Companion to get latest drivers as Win 10 grabs an old one. Mine works once I did the 2 SSID thing. Connection became much less flaky after driver update. So, try the Lenovo Companion or website for drivers. If that doesn't work, do the separate ID thing. 

elfarto
Serial Port
Views: 1,086
Message 7 of 12

Are you by chance running DD-WRT on your router ? I've experiencing the same issue with the Qualcomm Wifi card on my 710 15IKB and resolved it by downgrading the DDWRT firmware version on my TPLink router

Pa1k
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,038
Message 8 of 12

I am just using the firmware, that came built-in with my TPLINK router. Here are the details of the versions:

Firmware Version:
3.16.9 Build 150310 Rel.55295n
Hardware Version:
WR841N v10 00000000
goodgravy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 741
Message 9 of 12

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? My Lenovo Yoga 710 is killing my home WIFI every time it's on for a few minutes. At first I thought it was Comcast. After many lengthy conversations and purchasing a new router (!) I figured out it was the Lenovo 710 that was the problem. I removed the background app "Discovery.exe" as suggested on another forum. That seemed to work for a day but then the WIFI problem came back. I chatted with Lenovo support. They could not help and directed me to use Lenovo PAID support. I refuse to pay for a problem that shipped with my $1000 laptop. I installed Lenovo Companion and updated everything to the latest. The only solution is to keep restarting the router and wait for it to happen again. Which is not really a solution. The WIFI disconnect has interrupted company meetings, lost saved orders, interrupted downloads... At this point it's urgent that I get a fix soon -- because the laptop is unusable if it keeps killing my internet connection. Needless to say, if I can't get a fix, I'll be replacing the Lenovo, never buying another Lenovo, and leaving one star reviews on every website. Because it's really that bad. Any help please?
Guru
Views: 727
Message 10 of 12

My solve was a combination of the following:

Installed latest drivers from Lenovo website.

Found and uninstalled the Qualcomm WLAN Installer program

Fixed all the WLAN errors that were showing up in the Event Viewer (I had a lot, all bad permissions on registry keys)

Separated my dual band router so that each band had a different SSID. I only log on to the 5Ghz band on 910.

The router will still need a reboot for some reason once a week or two, but that - to me - is fairly normal. It no longer locks up, completely. 

Top Kudoed Authors