Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imtxsmoke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 269
Message 1 of 11

Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB Model Name 80VF battery

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to start a new post on this site so please forgive me for hijacking this thread.  I have a 

Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB Model Name 80VF that died about 4 months ago - battery quit charging.  It was three months past warranty...sigh.... I took it back to Best Buy and they told me my charging cable was fine and to get it fixed I'd have to send it off for 6 weeks and it would cost me a minimum of $500.00.  Since I was using this computer for my job (I'm self employed) this really wasn't an option so I went to the apple store and purchased a mackbook pro.  However, I would like to get this Lenovo fixed and use it as a backup.  My questions:

1.  Should I replace the battery?

2.  Lenovo seems to be out of stock of batteries:  Is there another source where I can buy on line?  I can't find anything.

3.  Should I look at replacing the little circuit board that connects the power source to the battery?  I can't seem to find a P/N for it (I removed that back plate of the laptop).

Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Support for this product from Lenovo has been underwhelming to say the least.

Jeff Bue

Newark, Texas, USA

Guru
Views: 239
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB Model Name 80VF battery

Looks like the battery is backordered 35 days at Lenovo Encompass store.

https://lenovo.encompass.com/item/11114570/Lenovo/5B10L22508/

As to the part number will the HMM(Hardware maintenance manual) help you?  Sorry if you already looked here.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/yoga910-13ikb_13ikbglass_hmm_201609.pdf

What about partslookup site?

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-910-13ikb/80vf/par...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

imtxsmoke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 227
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I've already downloaded the manual and I've also visited the parts web page but I can't find the P/N for the interface between the plug input and the battery itself.  I don't want to spend $110 for a new battery if it can't be charged due to this part being bad.  

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 224
Message 4 of 11

Hi imtxsmoke!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

We've checked the photo you've attached and it appears to be the Powerboard of the computer. Upon checking the parts lists, there are two powerboards with two Type C's.

Here's the details :

5C50M35042 - Type C Board L80VF W/CableSilver

5C50M35090 - Type C Board L 80VF W/Cable Gold

To verify on what is included on your computer, enter the serial number of your computer here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup/ and look for CARDS MISC INTERNAL Commodity type.

Here's also a link for video parts removal https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505031

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

imtxsmoke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 212
Message 5 of 11

I can't find the CARDS MISC INTERNAL commodity type on that page.
imtxsmoke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 210
Message 6 of 11

I can find both these parts on the link you provided:

5C50M35090 - Type C Board L 80VF W/Cable Gold

How do I know which one is installed on my machine? 

S/N PF0PX0N0

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 209
Message 7 of 11

You should find it on the left pane of that page. Select each Configuration, As built, Model, Compatible. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

imtxsmoke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 207
Message 8 of 11

OK.... I "think" I have:

Site states it's out of stock:  How can I place a back-order or is there a way to set up a notification such that the site can alert me when one becomes available?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 206
Message 9 of 11

Try contacting Encompass directly about the availability here, https://lenovo.encompass.com/general/Contact-Us. You can either call or chat them about it.

imtxsmoke
Fanfold Paper
Views: 203
Message 10 of 11

I called them and ordered the powerboard.  It'll be at least three weeks before I get it and install it in the laptop.  Thanks for your assistance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors