cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joesnk3
Paper Tape
Views: 377
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB wont charge and processors stuck in hibernation mode (Battery is now dead)

So my Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB (Out of warrenty) was working fine this past Friday in the morning. I plugged it in to my charger, closed the screen and went to lunch and when I came back the computer was really really slow. So I opened the task manager and looked at the processor and it was running at 13% utilization and clocked at .38GHz (Normal clock speed is 2.70GHz) I restarted the computer a few times. Did a full shut down, then restarted in saftey mode and ran a root kit scan (Found nothing). I then powered it off so I could get all my files off before it died, but when I restarted it later that evening it was dead (Powered off at 50% battery)

So now I am stuck with a dead computer that will not charge. My thinking is that something on the Type-C charging board shorted out somehow and caused an errant voltage that messeed with the processors, drained the battery, and prevented charging.

It could only be like 3 things right?

-The charging port board (Type-C)

-The motherboard (Which basically everything is soldered to, so I would not replace)

-The Battery

Any thoughts? If this is likely the correct diagnosis I might replace the board, but I do not want to spend $100 for nothing. 

Kimballj
What's DOS?
Views: 146
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB wont charge and processors stuck in hibernation mode (Battery is now dead)

Same isssue again.  Had to replace power board once, same problem 2 years later, can't find the power board.  levonvo 910-13IKB Model 80VF E230435 94 V-O c port powerboard 45525812002  June 2019

Kimballj
What's DOS?
Views: 138
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB wont charge and processors stuck in hibernation mode (Battery is now dead)

I had same issue.  Fixed a couple of years ago, still love the computer, finally found the part I needed on ebay.

I've attached images.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors