Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikolozi
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 910 - 4k touchscreen does not work

Hello dear friends,

I have a problem with my device that I can not solve in any way. My touchscreen just stopped working! I tried all the solutions that were on the internet but unfortunately none of them worked. 

Laptop - Lenovo Yoga 910, 4k touchscreen display. Bios is uptodate, windows is uptodate! I installed all lenovo updates through Lenovo Vintage.

Solutions I tried:

1. Removed, updated HID touchscreen driver. It is not identified as touchscreen but I assume the one with warning is the driver. See the attached Photo.

2. Restart, shut down, hard shut down my laptop.

3. I even reinstalled my windows to windows 10 pro. 

4. For the final frontier - purchased  automatic driver update, installing software

5. Ran lenovo diagnostics - no problems identified 

None of them work! Problem persists!

Drivers.PNG

I have 64 bit windows 10 pro. 16 GB ram, 1TB SSD (dont know, maybe this info is important). I have no clue how to solve this.

FYI - I dont know why, but also my lenovo stopped reading USB 2.0 Flash drives and USB connected phones. It only works on USB 3.0 Flash drives. I tried flash drives that I am sure that work (tested on multiple devices). I can use USB 2.0 drives only through a USB C dongle. Maybe these 2 problems are somehow connected.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 163
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910 - 4k touchscreen does not work

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry for the trouble. We appreciate that you tried some steps to resolve this. We would like to ask if you also tried update the Display driver, BIOS and Chipset driver of your laptop? You could find those in our site: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/?Source=social_eservices&Medium=LITHIUM&Term=eServices_&Content=201...

Moderator comment: Link expanded.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Nikolozi
Paper Tape
Views: 158
Message 3 of 6

Hello, thank you for reply.

I did update all those drivers. I checked bios version and it is the final one (same as on Lenovo website).

Restarted computer - but this does not solve my problem. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 153
Message 4 of 6

Is Windows 10 Pro the default operating system on your machine? If not, is everything working fine on its original operating system? You may also isolate the touchscreen problem if hardware related by testing it on the Advanced Options menu. Go to Start > Press and hold the shift key > Click Restart > Choose any option and exit from the Advanced Options menu using the touchscreen. If it's working, then the problem is the software / driver.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Nikolozi
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 5 of 6

Hello Bobby, thank you for your reply.

Windows 10 home is the default of my computer. Problem started on the default system, hoped installing a pro version would help.

The test you offered - Sift pressing while restart - unfortunately touchscreen does not respond in that menu as well. Does that mean its a hardware problem?
PBP5
What's DOS?
Views: 46
Message 6 of 6

Hello, was you able to solve this issues? I am facing exactly the same issues as you have mentioned earlier. Please advise.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors