Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 6 (417 Views)

Lenovo Yoga 910 Touch Screen not working

[ Edited ]

Hi.

Touch screen on my device is working from time to time. Mostly not working at all. It stops working after suspend/reboot. I can't understand what makes it work again. Sometimes you suspend/reboot again and it starts working, sometimes its not.

The reason of this is I2C HID Device with status "This device cannot start. (Code 10) A request for the HID descriptor failed." which is shown in Device Manager. When it doesn't have yellow warning icon - touch is working.

What I tried:

1. Windows Troubleshooter. It reinstalls driver. Doesn't help.
  2. Remove driver in Device Manager. Doesn't help. It restores automatically.
  3. Disable/Enable device. No luck.
  4. Install latest Lenovo updates (including BIOS, V.2JCN36WW) via Lenovo Companion. No luck.
  5. Install Windows updates. No luck. BTW, Creators update installed.
  6. Suspend/Restart. Helps in very rare cases around 1 of 10.
Paper Tape
Message 2 of 6 (380 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910 Touch Screen not working

I had this same problem, and tried the same troubleshooting solutions with no luck.  Even after a factory reset, and reinstalling windows, the touch screen problem persisted.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the I2C HID device that corresponds with the touch screen, which also did not work.

Finally, I performed a "hard" shut down (held the power button until the computer shut down).  With the computer off, I configured it in tablet mode (with the screen folded back over the keyboard), then turned it back on.  The touch screen worked!

I asummed this has to do with the BIOS looking for touch screen inputs before other inputs if the computer starts up in this mode.  In any case, it worked, so worth a shot.

Good luck!

Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 6 (353 Views)

Yep, looks like it helps. But:

1. This should be fixed. Hard off is not even "good" solution, it's awful.

2. Sometimes touch is working only in tablet mode after power on.

Anyway, thank you. It's better than nothing. 

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 6 (342 Views)

Agreed! Hopefully they'll remedy this in the next generation.  I'm glad it provided a short-term fix, even if not ideal.

Cheers

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6 (112 Views)

I've got the exact same issue here and it is really frustrating. When will Lenovo or Microsoft put out a fix for this? 

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 6 (112 Views)

Same thing for me too, but I can't just do a reboot everytime I need to switch from one mode to the other. Unless Lenovo/Microsoft come out with a solution sooon, I'll be forced to look for a new permanent solution.

Top kudoed Authors