Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamir_Hazut
Paper Tape
Views: 1,798
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 910 USB-C Port hubs disconnect

Whenever i connect a hub to the type-c port it disconnects and then reconnect in a loop, Now the hubs were checked on other devices and they work perfectly good only on the yoga 910 it causes problems.

I have tried it while the laptop is charged and on battery and the outcome is the same.

Those are 2 hubs one from Type-C to HDMI and the other is Type-C to Ethernet (RJ45).

All drivers are up-to-date, And so is the BIOS.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,772
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910 USB-C Port hubs disconnect

Do you mean a hub or an adapter?  A hub generally is several USB ports connected to one on the computer, allowing you to connect many USB devices using only one port on the computer. 

An adapter is a device that usually does one thing, such as allowing you to connect an ethernet cable to the adapter and the adapter to a USB port.  I'm going to assume this is what you're actually talking about.

Since USB-C is still new, we're discovering that not every adapter works with every machine. This was common in the early days of the first USB ports, too. There's a thread where members are noting which adapters work and which don't. In time, I'm sure manufacturers will have all the bugs worked out, but for now, it's best to check with other users before buying an adapter to make sure it's compatible with the 910. 

If you find the adapters you're using are listed in that thread as working with the 910, then we have another issue, somewhere.  Check the list, reply with the make and model of the adapter(s) in question and we'll see if we can figure it out. (note that any USB-C to HDMI adapter will only work in the forward USB-C port. The rear USB-C slot on the 910 only does charging and, when on battery, USB-A devices, such as a thumb drive. No HDMI from the rear port.

Good luck

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Ethan_Floks
Paper Tape
Views: 1,722
Message 3 of 4

I suggest you purchased Lenovo USB-C Travel Hub if you would like to use your Type C for Yoga 910.

Please refer to the link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/acc100350 

Yogibaba
Paper Tape
Views: 1,608
Message 4 of 4

I had the same problem as discussed above with my Lenovo Yoga 910. I found out that Apple's "multi-output" adapter (output to USB, HDMI and USB-C) would work and it did work for many months until now. But now suddenly it has stopped working. I checked the adapter at another machine (not lenovo yoga) and it worked perfectly well. What could have gone wrong with my machine and how to resolve the issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors