Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam_1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 527
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 910 USB not working

I've had my Lenovo Yoga 910 for a year and a half now and about a week or two after I got the laptop the standard usb 3.0 port (the type-A next to the headphone jack) stopped working properly. It still gives power to devices but cant transfer files, wether its my phone or any usb stick. It didnt really bother me because I had an adapter for the usb type-c. However, in about december last year the type-c port stopped working. I got it sent of, but for some reason it came back unfixed because they thought I had a problem with my trackpad instead of the ports and didnt have the time to get it sent back off.

As I said, I dont really have the time to get it sent off for two weeks to be repaired and have gone thorugh every forum on the internet and none of the solutions work relating to the device manager, regedit and trying to find drivers online. I also can't find anythng spesific to this model so that also adds to my problem. Also, just a note that I have tried many diffrent devices through both ports and, I'm also sure that its a software issue not a hardware issue as the ports are clean and atleast the type-A charges my phone. 

If anyone has any solutions please share because it has been driving me insane!

SeniorGuru
Views: 490
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910 USB not working

@Sam_1 wrote:

As I said, I dont really have the time to get it sent off for two weeks to be repaired and have gone thorugh every forum on the internet and none of the solutions work relating to the device manager, regedit and trying to find drivers online. I also can't find anythng spesific to this model so that also adds to my problem. Also, just a note that I have tried many diffrent devices through both ports and, I'm also sure that its a software issue not a hardware issue as the ports are clean and atleast the type-A charges my phone. 

If anyone has any solutions please share because it has been driving me insane!

Welcome to the forum.

From your description it sounds like you've made various modifications to the OS (e.g. in the Registry) and may be using drivers of unknown origin, etc. You're also convinced that this is a software issue. At this point, since it's not clear what state the OS is in, it seems to me your only option is to reinstall the OS, then run Lenovo Vantage to update drivers. 

But before you do that consider that you haven't ruled out a hardware issue just because the USB port can supply 5VDC to recharge attached devices. That accounts for only two of the four pins in a standard USB-A port. The other two are for data, which relates to the issues you're experiencing. So it may well be that this is a hardware issue. Have you run Lenovo Vantage -> Health & Support -> Run a Hardware Scan ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors