Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 11 of 21 (1,323 Views)

Re: Lenovo 910 WHEA Logger event id 17

A quick update on my last post... I think I've find that the frequency of the WHEA-Logger is directly associated to the amount of acitivity on over the wireless card. I'm currently transferring a 6Gb file from my Yoga 2 Pro to the Yoga 910 with a rate of ~5mb/s and my Yoga 910 is connected over 2.4ghz to my router. The WHEA-Logger error is now appearing several times *every second*.

Does this mean a broken wireless card or the device drivers are broken?

And just in case this thread hasn't already referenced it... I found a blog post that reviewed the Yoga 910 and also detailed this particular problem.

Paper Tape
Message 12 of 21 (1,319 Views)

The issue takes place when I am connected to ethernet. It is probalby not a wireless issue.

Token Ring
Message 13 of 21 (1,315 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've never connected my 910 to a wired network. Don't even own an adapter. Only wireless. Happens constantly. And if you run the device ID from the logger messages, it points to the WiFi card. 

Still, this issue only came about after the Windows Update. As I said in another thread, it's as if the Qualcomm WLAN installer program that got stuck never finished what it was trying to do. Fan noise, TODO item on Task Manager, WLAN errors.. I swear they're all related. 

Paper Tape
Message 14 of 21 (1,311 Views)

That means the Wifi is still active (searching for signal whatnot) while ethernet is connected. I see no difference in error frequency wired or wireless.

Token Ring
Message 15 of 21 (1,304 Views)

Absolutely. If you turn off the radio or click Airplane Mode, the errors disappear. 

Highlighted
Punch Card
Message 16 of 21 (1,245 Views)

I also had numerous issues with the WiFi Card drivers and setup with my Yoga 910.

In Windows event viewer I noticed issues with the following: 

WHEA-Logger issues and P-Sensor Floods on my new PC.

I removed both Qualcomm Installation Tools for Wi-Fi and for Bluetooth from Programs and features after I had the latest versions on my PC. This eliminated my P-Sensor Warnings but the WHEA-Logger issuses continued.

I have eliminated my WHEA-Logger issues by changing in the Power Options Advanced tab:

PCI Express - Link State Power Management for Battery and Power to OFF. 

I understand this is just a work around until lenovo fixes the driver issues but for the time being it has really helped with the performance of the machine.

I posted this on another thread and a few users also had good results with this. Hopefully this will help.

Mark

Fanfold Paper
Message 17 of 21 (1,232 Views)

Thanks for sharing. When you write "it really improved performance of the machine", can you explain more on what improvements you have observed?

Punch Card
Message 18 of 21 (1,213 Views)

The improvements I received are better WiFi throughput. Example watching sporting events live using my Laptop and sending it to my TV with Chormecast. 

When doing this before I would get occasional hangups which have not happen since the WHEA-Logger events were eliminated.

I understand it may take a little more battery power with this work around but I believe with the issues with the card and PCI board that more battery power was lost when constantly resetting itself.

Just my thoughts.

Hoping for some updated drivers soon from Lenovo. 

Punch Card
Message 19 of 21 (1,163 Views)

Thanks @mlwyoga910 - I've changed my PCI Express - Link State Power Management to OFF and those errors have gone. Not a perfect solution, and hopefully drivers will solve it, but it's a good temporary solution.

Paper Tape
Message 20 of 21 (895 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910 WHEA Logger event id 17

[ Edited ]

I had the same "issue" on mine - couldn't find any real problems being caused by the warning in the event log. But it did annoy me. 

Finally resolved this (hopefully, just 5 minutes after reboot now) by installing version 12.0.0.295 of the Qualcomm Atheros drivers.

Edit: No luck - found the same event logs and i think it does cause some hangs Smiley Sad

Top Kudoed Authors