Did you mean: 
ngc457
Paper Tape
Views: 1,925
Message 1 of 21

Lenovo Yoga 910 WHEA Logger event id 17

I am getting a warning message in Windows Event Viewer WHEA-Logger Event ID 17

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

BusSmiley Very Happyevice:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0
Vendor IDSmiley Very Happyevice ID: 0x8086:0x9D14
Class Code: 0x30400

Anyone else getting this on thier 910? There are several of these and I have gotten them since I bought the computer less than a month ago. It seems to be associated with occasianal freezes. It may freeze for about 30 seconds. Once my computer completely froze. Anyone else experience this? Look in your event viewer. Anyone know what the issue is or a fix?

Thanks

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,874
Message 2 of 21

Re: Lenovo 910 WHEA Logger event id 17

What OS are you running?

wiggle thru this for ideas:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/0a0f3f22-532d-4fa5-b9d4-f49032d69e2d/wheal...

Is your machine  a YOGA 910? Please state model , ie 900vxxxx, and point of purchase.

A weblink to the sellers website would help.

ngc457
Paper Tape
Views: 1,865
Message 3 of 21

I am running Windows 10. I have already seen that forum and have updated drivers. I am curious if this is a common issue. If it is not I am returning.
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,862
Message 4 of 21

Update your BIOS to current and watch for the WWan/WWlan hang condition. Fans busy.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-910-crazy-loud-fan-even-when-CPU-at-l...

ngc457
Paper Tape
Views: 1,849
Message 5 of 21

It is the Yoga 910 80VF007TUS 4K display, 16 gigs ram, 512 HD running Windows 10 Home.

The link you posted on the pissy winny issue with the fan helped performance a lot. Uninstalling the wlan driver installer reduced CPU load thus reducing fan noice and greatly increasing overall performance. Prior to this I was not satified with PhotoShop performance. Geekbench gave results of around 6800 (rounded). Now PhotoShop runs great anf geekbench 8000. Battery performance greatly increased as well. 

I will monitor the freezing. Still have the WHEA logger issue. Maybe the cause of the freezing, maybe not.

Guru
Views: 1,776
Message 6 of 21

Add me to this list. I updated the driver for the PCI bus from within Device Manager and the WLAN flood stopped. However, it returned at the next reboot. I've already updated the BIOS and the WLAN drivers, so the fan issue is gone for me. But the error flood continues.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
ngc457
Paper Tape
Views: 1,771
Message 7 of 21

It continues for me as well. I have updated all, bios, all drivers, all and everything. Still issue. Why is it displaying those messages?

Guru
Views: 1,752
Message 8 of 21

Updated the Intel MEI driver via Lenovo update tool, yesterday. The WHEA event stopped until I started streaming a movie stored on another computer on my network. When the movie ended, so did the WHEA events, though the 910 remained online through the same router. Odd.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
byoram
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,651
Message 9 of 21

So I have the same occasional freeze and the WHEA warning. Speaking to Lenovo today was useless so I paid a visit to Best Buy and looked at the few YOGA's that were on display. guess what, they all have the same warning as well as the COM Error.  

My freeze comes once a day, any way to address the freeze as we await drivers update for WHEA?

PhilipHendry
Punch Card
Views: 1,572
Message 10 of 21

My Yoga 910 is a few days old and I've seen these WHEA-Logger events continuously. I've tried updating all drivers but they still appear. Interestingly, if I put the Yoga into airplane mode the events stop until I bring it back out of airplane mode!

There have been suggestions of uninstalling the wireless drivers and installing the LiteOn Wireless Driver but I find that a bit weird given the driver I currently have is the Qualcomm Atheros.

Lenovo, are you reading this thread? Can you comment on this please and let us know what's being done about it? Given this indicates a hardware problem I'm tempted to send the laptop back (combined with the horrible fan noise issue!)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors