Options

3 Posts

07-15-2018

PK

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga 910 Webcam not Working (Error: 0xA00F4244)

2021-01-11, 10:55 AM

Hi. 

I've recently faced an issue with my Lenovo Yoga 910-13ikb, where the camera wouldn't work and shows the error: 

We can't find your camera

Error Code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

I can't figure out the root of this problem as the device has been working perfectly for the past 2 years and has not been mishandled in any possible way. Here is a list of things I've tried (all of which were unsuccessful): 

- Checked the privacy settings for the camera app (which had no conflict with the camera permissions)

- Troubleshooted for hardware issues, which also found no issues. (Ironic how the camera still didn't work) 

- Tried to update the drivers for the said device from the Lenovo website. The camera was cannot be found in the device manager under "imaging devices" (where it was previously found). 

Some help regarding this issue would be appreciated! 

Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Lenovo Yoga 910 Webcam not Working (Error: 0xA00F4244)

2021-01-12, 14:31 PM

Hello there obedahmad1 and welcome to the Community Forums!

Few questions though:

- Does this started to happen after a System or Windows update?

- Does this only happens as well when using an app like Skype, Zoom or any other apps that requires the use of the Camera?

Try updating your device's BIOS first which can be downloaded through this link. After that, test the Camera again. 

You may also load the BIOS settings into defaults by pressing the Novo button that's located on the right side view of your device if that will not get the job done.

Please check page 10 of your device's User Guide to see exactly where it's located. Make sure that the machine if turned OFF before initiating that action.

Update us on how it will go through.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

07-15-2018

PK

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-01-13, 5:26 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply. The problem arose only a few days ago and my last windows update to Windows 10, version 20H2 was on the 3rd of December. After that there were 2 security updates and nothing else. The camera doesn't seem to be detected by the computer and even if I press the camera hotkey (F8 substitute) it does not toggle the camera ON or OFF and just shows the camera icon with a cut through it. The BIOS version suggested is the same version my BIOS is currently on so I don't think reinstalling the same version should make any difference (BIOS Version/Date: LENOVO 2JCN39WW, 31-May-17) .
Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-01-13, 18:55 PM

@ obedahmad1 wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply. The problem arose only a few days ago and my last windows update to Windows 10, version 20H2 was on the 3rd of December. After that there were 2 security updates and nothing else. The camera doesn' seem to be detected by the computer and even if I press the camera hotkey (F8 substitute) it does not toggle the camera ON or OFF and just shows the camera icon with a cut through it. The BIOS version suggested is the same version my BIOS is currently on so I don' think reinstalling the same version should make any difference (BIOS Version/Date: LENOVO 2JCN39WW, 31-May-17).

Thanks for replying @obedahmad1 !

By the way, is there some sort of like a light indicator on the device itself when the Camera itself is in use?

And is the Camera driver that you've downloaded found on this link?

Try loading the BIOS settings into defaults since your device does already have the latest version of BIOS.

You may do that by pressing the Novo button that's located on the right side view of your device. Make sure that it is OFF before pressing it.

Inside BIOS, please press F9 or FN and F9 to load BIOS settings into defaults.

After that, press F10 or FN and F10 to save the changes and exit BIOS menu as well.

Test the Camera again afterwards.

You may also check this previous post from other users to see what other steps can be performed about this issue.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

cameraequipment for taking photographs (usually consisting of a lightproof box with a lens at one end and light-sensitive film at the other)More (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

07-15-2018

PK

4 Signins

41 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-01-14, 4:47 AM
Hi, thanks again. I've tried resetting the UEFI on the device to its default settings as previously suggested and again, no luck. It's almost as if the computer has no clue that it even has a camera. Windows should atleast show the device in the device manager (even with an error). The camera does have a white light indicator that turns on whenever the camera is being used by an application and the indicator hasn't turned on since the camera malfunctioned.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms