Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 11 of 39 (2,516 Views)

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910 keeps freezing / lagging whilst browsing

I deinstalled Chrome and now use Firefox- still have hung ups but it got better.
I am now playing around with charging and not charging to see if the energy-save-mode somehow reduced my cpu or ram or something, making my laptop so slow and laggy.

I alson tried to fix the 10016 distribited com error by changing the permissions in the registry but it still pops up every now and then.

Honestly it's getting worse for me. I now also have a regular freezes of my taskbar. I have to restart the windows explorer via task manager to get it back.

It feels like the laptop goes to some kind of background sleep mode when I leave an application in the background and just look at a picture of something, and as soon as I go back to Firefox or Excel, it realises "ups, I have been sleeping" and then it freezes for a couple of seconds, the laptop suddenly gets noisy and starts working again.

Paper Tape
Message 12 of 39 (2,468 Views)

Hi 

I am having the exact same issues with respect ot freezing and no response from keyboard, mousepad...along with intermittent video shaking when using the the mouse pad - I am wondering if a new lenovo should be getting any hardware errors after only 1 month!

My Lenovo yoga 910 is 4K i7, 16GB.

Cheers

What's DOS?
Message 13 of 39 (2,429 Views)

I have the same issue.

The laptop freezes all over the day.

I used the first Yoga for 3-4 years, and never had an issue like that.

I'm thinking about get rid of this laptop, i can't handle that any more.

What's DOS?
Message 14 of 39 (2,417 Views)

I am also having this issue and following the thread. I am mostly using chrome when it freezes but have seen it freeze at other times. Bios and all drivers updated. Only change i've made to troubleshoot so far is change windows power settings to High Perfomance... will give it a go and report back.

Yoga 910-13IKB Glass

Paper Tape
Message 15 of 39 (2,275 Views)

Same Issue.

Is there a solution for this?

Paper Tape
Message 16 of 39 (2,250 Views)

I have the exact same problem.

In December 2016 I purchased the Yoga 900 (i7, RAM 16GB & Capacity 512GB) and since the first day it has been extremely slow given it's brand new, its characteristics & there's hardy any data & software installed.

I run the Lenovo Solution Center scan and all the tests passed.

The help center recommended that I should contact the shop from where I purchased the pc.

But because I'm based in Europe and the shop is in US such an option will be both time & cost consuming.

Has anyone managed to fix the problem?

Or, has anyone returned the pc back to Lenovo and what was the outcome?

Paper Tape
Message 17 of 39 (2,247 Views)

exactly the same problem statement. same configs.

Blue Screen Again
Message 18 of 39 (2,201 Views)

I having the same issue

Had a Yoga 2 Pro but had an issue that was covered under warranty and I received the Yoga 910 as a replacement. Yoga 2 Pro (4gb ram, i3 core) runs chrome fine. Yoga 910 (8gb ram, i7 core) has trouble running chrome or edge, sometimes the 910 computer crashes.

Lenovo i'm not sure what the problem is but its really annoying.

Fanfold Paper
Message 19 of 39 (2,154 Views)

Same for me. once a day this latop would freeze over with power management error on occasion showing in Envent Viewer. is it a Chrome issue? should I try FF instead or is ot a result of the DCom error that floods my Event Viewer log?

Fanfold Paper
Message 20 of 39 (2,122 Views)

Just found out that this is the 'information' i get in Event Viewer whenever the laptop gets into the freeze tailspin. laptop will go back to normal only after reboot.

Process C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\ImController\PluginHost\Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost.SettingsApp.exe (process ID:6848) reset policy scheme from {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} to {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}

Top kudoed Authors